Should I trade my Chrome 03 Cobra's for Saleens?

Well, should I?

• Yes.

Votes: 11 68.8%
  • No.

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters

xr8d302

I bought a 27" monitor to compensate for my lack o
Apr 29, 2004
Medicine Hat, AB
Local guy wants to trade these...

sidefront.jpg

for these...

IMG_3183.jpg

Yes or no?

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah, I mean...I really love my 03 Cobras, but....with the black and grey combo, I think the gunmetal wheels could really give it a nice sinister look.

I'm really torn on this idea....

I kinda like a bright wheel; and although it does sorta look like the wheels belong on the other guy's car, I think a black 03 cobra wheel would look extra sinister. Theyre just so chunky.

I know you're promoting, but if you lost the giant bright windshield banner, then your cobras would look out of place. Then the darker saleens would look alot better on there. If you go to a dark wheel and leave the bright banner its going to look retarded.

Do a black banner, get the gunmetal wheels; but keep a beefy tire and a spacer on them. The cobras work best as they are pushed to the corners. Do that again and you might have a win there.

LOL

The banner will never see the streets again, I've just been too lazy to go hairdryer it off the window

That club is long defunct, i hate even looking at it

These Saleens are running 245's on the front and 315's on the back, he says. I'm pretty sure I won't need spacers with these, but if need be, i might put a quarter or half inch spacer on to keep the decent stance

That's a no brainer for me. I'd take the Saleens in a heartbeat. A. 03' Cobra rims don't look so hot out of year. B. Those Saleen's are brake dust color. Can you imagine how much time that will save you cleaning your wheels.

Kurt

how close to the body color are the wheels? If its close but yet not enough, it may look like you tried to paint the wheels to match but you screwed up the paint....

I have polished aluminum Cobra R rims. I have considered taking them off and having them powdercoated gun metal many times. I will never own polished aluminum wheels again. What a PITA.

Kurt

Alright, I've decided to make the swap. I have been looking at the deep dish 03 Cobra's anyway, so what I might do is pick up a set of those as well in the future and run 2 sets depending on the day.

Appreciate the input, gentlemen, you always make my decisions a little easier

LOL

you remember how much of a pic whore I was in years back....chances are it will start all over again

but hey, if you make your way up to Ontario, you can help me get this thing running lol