Should I trade my mustang for a 92 honda accord?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jikelly

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Jul 9, 2003
Lubbock Tx
I love to drive my mustang, but now I don't really see how it makes sense anymore. My 73 stang is loud with lots of tire smoking power. I am starting to feel pretty stupid for adding all those mods and building a street beast.

I have always been scared of cops but now they could really mess me up. A lot of people say if you just obey the law you will stay out of trouble but my experiences have shown that you can obey all the laws and still get in big trouble.

When it's your word against an officer of the law's word and you drive a muscle car who are they going to believe?

• Sponsors (?)

Hope it takes alot more then being paranoid about the cops to get you to switch from a nice mustang to a honda accord. I know I wouldn't ever consider changing cars or because of what the cops think about it. :flag:

my 92 accord gets around 40 miles per gallon.

and it has this nifty acceleration control (A/C) button, when i hit the button it takes 15 seconds to hit 60mph.

Absolutely, you should trade in your '72 for a '92 Civic. :nice: Cheap fiberglas ground effects kits are much more plentiful for the Civic; and the laser cut Japanese kanji stickers don't produce near the horsepower gains in American V-8's! :rlaugh:

Seriously, what you drive (and how you drive it) are determined by your own desires/needs. If you can afford to pay for the fuel and maintenance cost of the Stang - and you want it bad enough to plan for the service time of a 31 year-old car - then by all means keep the Stang. If you just want a basic cheap way get from Point A to Point B; then go buy the Honda.

Still Dreamin'

Well ive gotten pulled over and harassed almost 12 times in 2 months because of my 99GT. Only one ticket, and hey I deserved it. Im getting a 92 acura real cheap (50k miles, perfect paint, interior, loaded Auto) for $250, because the owner just died and the inheritor lives East coast and needs to dump it. I wouldnt ever trade my stang for one, but its cool to get one to drive daily. But its just not worth it for me to drive the stang everyday, Monthly im at almost 460, just for insurance and gas. Buy a Honda and just cruise the stang on weekends. Ryan

I'll be keeping my stang. If the state of texas wants me to stop driving it they will have to pry my dead fingers from the stearing wheel. :p

I have thought about getting a second car but It will have to have a little more get up than an accord. My girlfriend has one and it needs more power. In fact what do you guys think about those little Dodge Neon SRT 4s?

jikelly said:
I'll be keeping my stang. If the state of texas wants me to stop driving it they will have to pry my dead fingers from the stearing wheel. :p

I have thought about getting a second car but It will have to have a little more get up than an accord. My girlfriend has one and it needs more power. In fact what do you guys think about those little Dodge Neon SRT 4s?

The Critter ranking of vehicles is as follows:
Best: Anything OLD, FAST, AND FORD!
2nd place: Chevy V8
3rd: Dodge. Hey, it's :flag:

Anything else ain't worth the materials.

id go with the honda. its much much much more practical. i have a 66 mustang, 2 jettas and 1 civic and the mustang is only for cruising. if its your only car i would definetly go for honda because they are so much more reliable, fuel effecient, and will last you way longer than the mustang, trust me.

You're gonna grab more attention with the stang then a honda, there is no way around it. If you don't wanna deal with it, then maybe you should get a honda, and if that means selling your stang, then so be it. Maybe you should concider doing a cam swap, or carb reduction and a set of nice quite mufflers if you're really worried.

-Shaun

jikelly said:
I love to drive my mustang, but now I don't really see how it makes sense anymore. My 73 stang is loud with lots of tire smoking power. I am starting to feel pretty stupid for adding all those mods and building a street beast.

I have always been scared of cops but now they could really mess me up. A lot of people say if you just obey the law you will stay out of trouble but my experiences have shown that you can obey all the laws and still get in big trouble.

When it's your word against an officer of the law's word and you drive a muscle car who are they going to believe?

ha when i opened this thread i figured it would be about effeciency versus fun, not paranoia. dude, cops are cops. they are also people, they aren't out to ruin your life, and as long as you aren't retarded, you'll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.