Fox Should there be a vacuum hose here? MAP sensor.

James V

5 Year Member
Feb 26, 2017
Connecticut
(93 5.0)

I kept getting a code 22 last summer for the MAP sensor out of range. I read up a little more about it and looked at it today and realized there is no vacuum hose connected to it, is that normal? I'm assuming it needs the hose but why wouldn't the previous owner put it on.

And if it does need a hose, does it connect here?
20190330_090905.jpg

Thank you!

• Sponsors (?)

Your 1993 doesn't have a MAP, it has a BAP. It meaures atmospheric pressure. Located dead center on top firewall, no vac line hooked to the port.

Oh so maybe it's just a faulty BAP than. I'll have to go through the troubleshooting i saw in another thread. What's the point of the vac line input on the sensor if it's not necessary?

Oh so maybe it's just a faulty BAP than. I'll have to go through the troubleshooting i saw in another thread. What's the point of the vac line input on the sensor if it's not necessary?

SAme sensor was used on the 86-88 speed density mustangs. The vac line went to manifold pressure. In 1989 when ford went mass air, it changed to measuring atmosphereic pressure. Just left the original design in place

Reactions: 1 user