Show us your Radar Detectors * how'd you clean up the wire *

• Sponsors (?)

passport hardwire kit tap into power at the trac off switch near shifter, remote mute button mounted in useless coin tray, wire runs up into center console then above pedal area under steering wheel, then under weatherstrip at door up to the point it enters the A pillar, runs inside the headliner and pops out just enough above the mirror to reach the detector

I use a similar setup as tag4car. I've got a V1. I tapped into the power wire for my sunroof by the fuse box near the pedals and fuse box. It runs up the weatherstrip and headliner then sticks out just enough to plug into the detector right above the mirror. This works well, I've gotten pulled over (so called careless driving, no radar was used) and the cop never noticed it there.

PICT0488.jpg

hey oxford, my c2 gauges are really really bright, how did you tone yours down, My pillar gauges are ok but that tachometer is blinding at night? I was thinking about buying the autometer dimmer switch its only $29.99 but wondering if you ddi yours another way?

kosmos,all you need to do is find which wire is the dimer on your light switch's plug behind your bezel,just get a test light to help you find which wire it will be on the connector.I spliced all my Auto Meter gauges light wires to my factory light switch,and hooked them to the dimer connector/wire.:nice:

that would work if you had regular autometer gauges but if you have LED one's that are alot brighter than your cluster gauges than all its gonna do by hooking it to the dimmer on the headlights is turn your cluster gauges down while lowering your autometer LED gauges but they still will be off, the LED will still be bright no matter what so Im assumming you gotta have a dimmer switch to turn the brightness down to match the cluster gauges, hell if I know I ordered the dimmer switch anyways lol but thanks anyways:flag:

I just ran my cord across the pas. side windshield between the windshield and dash then opened the glove box and ran it behind the glove box then down to the cig. lighter. Easy and simple if it makes sense

View attachment 267100

Hard wired to radio ign, so shuts on and off with the car. Never have to touch it.

i would mount mine up like that but i have the dot matrix with the running pony up there... not sure how well it would stick

About the trac off switch, If you want to use this method, tap the pink wire for positive power. it's a key on ignition on switch so it runs only during "run"

Don't have a pic, but mine is velcro'd to the dash and the cord runs into the defroster vent, behind the center stack, and taps into the dead plug where my traction control would be if I had it ( I have a no-options 04 but it still has all the wiring). Looks very clean.

Just a thought for those of you not happy with your detector mounting options....

An individual wanting to make a little money might want to look at making custom metal brackets which fit under the sun visor hold down. There's a company out there making these for 'Vette's right now. Simple little metal bracket would work great for mounting a V1 or similar detector... like this:

v1c6visormount.jpg

Makes for a tidy installation up high and out of the way... (and yes I ordered one for the ZO6 the other day...)

v1c6visormount-mounted.jpg

U.M.