side exhaust

• Sponsors (?)

im always promoting my set up because honestly it's the best:p A 2" long connector pipe from the mid-pipe to a magnaflow barrel resonator then a gradual 90 degree bend out to the side w/ dual oval duoble wall tips. It's much less restrictive than the "back-and-forth" design of spintech and others. But, no, it is not quite

Not the best picture, but you get the idea. I will have more pic's soon if anyone cares to see!

Here is the site where you can get it. http://www.classicdesignconcepts.com/catalog/itemdisplay/465.html

Very unique...:hail2: It is a bit quiet with the stock mid-pipe. I am going to get a prochamber and see how it sounds. If that isn't to my liking I think I will either get the Flomaster 80 series or the Borla mufflers??

Attachments

• Mustang Side 1.JPG
    Mustang Side 1.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 166
yea, i was just considering som future cosmetic changes, dont know what i want to do yet. i wanted to get somthing that wasnt so low to the ground, so i was not looking at the roush side exhaust. that is a low kit. pita to get on lifts and stuff with that.

i was considering the ones like cobrared has. however, i wanted one pipe sticking out on each side. seems like a lot of trouble though.

cobrared, yours is basically a custom exhaust kit right...

i wanted it to be quiet like the magnaflows i have now, and stainless steel. i have too many stipulations to make this work....so i guess i will figure something else out.

thanks guys!

yea, i was just considering som future cosmetic changes, dont know what i want to do yet. i wanted to get somthing that wasnt so low to the ground, so i was not looking at the roush side exhaust. that is a low kit. pita to get on lifts and stuff with that.

i was considering the ones like cobrared has. however, i wanted one pipe sticking out on each side. seems like a lot of trouble though.

cobrared, yours is basically a custom exhaust kit right...

i wanted it to be quiet like the magnaflows i have now, and stainless steel. i have too many stipulations to make this work....so i guess i will figure something else out.

thanks guys!

I do have one pipe going out each side, just dual tips - they're are both sides:

picture127wq1.jpg
picture128xg5.jpg

Yes, mine's custom fabricated, i baught the pipes and had them bent them welded them together. The advantages of this set up are being much cheaper (i paid about $350 all together), much better flow (spintech and roush have shown actuall losses in power), you dont have to pay for new side skirts to be painted, it doesnt sit too low (my cats from my mid-pipe hang much lower than the tips), and you can customize it to your liking - choose the tips and mufflers or resonators you like making it more quit than mine. On my future S-197 when i get outta college ima do the same thing.

Attachments

• picture127wq1.jpg
    picture127wq1.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 69
  • picture128xg5.jpg
    picture128xg5.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 89
Here's my set-up. I just have a borla side exhaust kit(same as steedas) that where the mufflers are in the stock location so that the flow is back and then out the muffler forward to the tip. Steeda claims this kit was dyno proven to make 2rwhp more than their flowmaster catback. It is loud imo with my offroad x-pipe and is a little louder than the borla catback with the same offroad x-pipe. I also have a v6 rear bumper cover to get rid of the exhaust cut out holes.

Cruise_to_the_Woods_2006_013photoed.jpg

ZincstangPhoto.jpg

Heres a guy with a roush kit. The v6 bumper cover might look plain on your car with the other exterior mods you have.
ylwfevr2.jpg

Attachments

• Cruise_to_the_Woods_2006_013photoed.jpg
    Cruise_to_the_Woods_2006_013photoed.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 84
  • ZincstangPhoto.jpg
    ZincstangPhoto.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 86
  • ylwfevr2.jpg
    ylwfevr2.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 84
If I ran side exhaust, I would have to go to a v6 rear bumper.. All of the stick on exhaust cutout covers look cheasy..

I was looking for those coincidently. Do you remember where you saw them for sale?

I have to keep my GT bumper in case I have to put the tailpipes back on (had a V6 bumper in the works but had to decide against it) so I remembered some company made those but I couldn't remember who.

yea the roush rear is much better then the v6 rear bumper...that is what i was going to go with if i did side exhaust. i think i am going to keep the rear i have now though.

i cant drop my car as low as i would like to make the roush rear look good, because of my long tubes.

btw yes the roush side skirts look the best but are to damn low, its a pita.

i have a low kit now, and after i drop the car the kit is what im considering changing for that reason.

i just have to find a set up that looks pleasing to the eye, but still grabs attention like a roush would.

the set up i have now does that, i dont want to take away from that by making the wrong cosmetic changes. the car looks alot better in person then in my pics on here.

anyway, i am thinking this for my set up:

keep the cowl hood

drop 1 1/4 in.

change to roush stage 3 front

keep my rear

loose the wing

and switch to saleen sideskirts.....i am not big on mixing the kits like this because much of the time they end up looking like crap because all the lines are off. my main problem with my future set up is the saleen skirts. however, i need that exact size to match how far down my rear bumper hangs

i wanted 03 cobra sideskirts, but they are not low enough. others are too long.....right now the set up looks like the one i stated.

i just have to figure out how that would look.

i have a friend that is goos at photoshop that i will have to put to work on that.