side markers arent working....

Black Stang 97

the guy on top of me is funny
Nov 11, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
well my signal's stopped working today....in the previous days i noticed sumthing weird...i put the signal and it made the clicking sound 2 times faster then normal...but the arrow didnt turn on till about 3 seconds later then it would slow down to the normal sound and blink....could it be a burned fuse or a burned bulb??my left nor my right work.....

• Sponsors (?)

Before you go and start replacing bulbs I would check your fuse panels
under your hood and under your dash and look for a burnt out fuse.
If no burnt fuses I would replace the bulbs in the front and rear and
see if you can fix it.You can always just take your car to your mechanic
or to the Ford Dealership to get it fixed it's up to you.

not sure but usually anything that blinks has a relay ..like the turn signals do... so as suggested..get out the manual ..check the side marker fuse, then check the bulbs with an ohm meter to see if they are blown..next would be the relay. I'll go out and check which realy later and report back.:shrug:

Jesus Pennywise you only need to hit the submit button once!! lol

Blackstang, what you are describing seems to be a fairly common problem with Fords (at least all the ones my family has owned)... first check to see your bulbs are OK (pick up 2 more to be sure, theyre cheap) and if that doesn't fix the problem, it is probably your turn signal switch.

Both my car, my dad's F150 (1997) and mom's Taurus (1994) had this problem. It's a simple fix, the part costs $50 from the dealer and won't take you more than 20 minutes to replace. Check your Haynes manual, they tell you how to do it in there.

well i fixed the problem.....i checked all the bulbs first and they were all good...next i went for the fuses and it was fuse 9 in the fuse box.....today when i was finding the answer for the problem it turned out my brake lights didnt work either....:eek: none of my rears turned on even with the head lgihts on.....well i checked fuse 9 and there it was. a burned out fuse.....replaced it with another fuse and problem fixed....thanks for everyones input....very greatly appreciate you guys help....

Tis a very common problem for mustangs. Im glad u fixed it i was going to suggest the fuse box under the hood too. For those who use search and see this if it isnt a fuse under the hood check under the dash there should be a small keg looking devise w/ a wire in and a wire out thats the blinker relay/source i believe that also maybe be a root for blinker problems.
If all fails change the blinker fluid:p:rlaugh:

well kinda solved the problem..... maybe not......lets see and wait...i went thru 3 fuses...they burned like 10 minutes later....i havent messed around with any elecronic in the car lately.....i juss installed my steeda quadrant and stuff.....but never touched any wires....i hope i dont have a short.....i hate those....i checked all the wires under there and none seem to be in a bad shape....anyone else experience that??

Pennywise2 said:
Before you go and start replacing bulbs I would check your fuse panels
under your hood and under your dash and look for a burnt out fuse.
If no burnt fuses I would replace the bulbs in the front and rear and
see if you can fix it.You can always just take your car to your mechanic
or to the Ford Dealership to get it fixed it's up to you.
i dont trust mechanics for some reason......:shrug:

my fuses keep burning!!!:bang: any one know what it could be??? this morning when i was leaving the work....the relay made the ticking noice twice as fast then it slowed down to normal speed......then right now that i as leaving work.......they were dead.....a burnt fuse again.......can the relay cause a short or is my problem sumthing else?? i havent messed around with any electrical device on my car....it started doing this out of no where...or can i bulb cause a short?? im confused......its my DD and i have to get to class today at 6:45.....i dont want to get a ticket or a even worse get rearended......please help:(