Silver Springs mustang and ford show also what do you guys think of jeff ford

bartman

Jan 2, 2004
FL
Went to Silver Springs FL mustang and ford show put on by NPD this weekend. It was a little cold on Saturday but was a great show. There were around 720 cars there. Some top notch cars. Also, did that pony trails on Friday before the show. Had a great time, however I was less than impressed with Jeff Ford from Fords and Mustang mag. Twice I was in the middle of talking and he turns around in mid sentence and walks off, once to talk to a freakin dog. Enough to give a guy a complex. I don't know since I don't have a Shelby or a boss I must not be good enough to talk to the guy! Maybe he is just likes people kissing his butt to get into his mags, I don't know. What do you all think? By the way managment and owners of NPD were exact oppisite, great down to earth people.

• Sponsors (?)

I was able to do the show on sunday. didnt get a chance to speak with jeff ford so i couldnt say what hes like, but i'm sure hes getting bombarded from all sides. anyway did you guys notice the billet taillamp housing with sequential flasher display at the npd table. I thought it looked really good, a little pricey but really cool. Not as many cars as saturday from what i learned but the weather was much better on sunday.

Did see the shelby clone next to gold boss and talked to you. I had the red 65 fastback behind you. I'm the guy that test drove your car. However I did like your mods. Was a lot more police this year.
I thought those tail light bezels were sharp but did you see the 64 1/2 silver coupe that did the shelby lights? He did an exellent job! I gonna do it to my 65 fastback when I get a chance.

the guy with the 64 1/2 had a real nice car. the bodywork was awesome, all gaps in panels were all even. tailights blended well too. i think he won best restomod. i got some pics of it but i cant figure out how to post.

I met Jeff Ford at Pony Trails in Nashville 10 years or so ago. We went to a historical site and Mr. Ford let us saddle up in his convert when it was obvious my horse wasn't going to tolerate the 100 degree weather and 1 mph through the site. He was a really a nice guy even though we (all the other Mustangers) were hounding him with stories and questions.

I hope to see him again this year in Nashville.

I met Jeff Ford last summer at the Tulsa Shelby meet.

NICE guy, with a GREAT sense of humor. :nice: Seemed like the kind of person you could "hang out" with over a few cold beverages! :nice: :nice:

I'm sure he gets pestered constantly though. :( It's hard to remember that he's "working" while we're playing - I'm sure there's a lot of distractions.