Since my other tool box was overflowing...

Nik_95Cobra

Founding Member
Feb 5, 2002
Tempe, Arizona
I thought I'd buy a new tool box since with the one I had I had absolutely no room left, and kind of excited that it got here today so I thought I'd share!

The New Snap-On Box
138177.jpg

Some of the tools I moved to it
138179.jpg

138180.jpg

138182.jpg

138181.jpg

138183.jpg

138185.jpg

And one of the old box
138184.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

congrats on your new box. now you just have to stop using your tools so you dont scratch the new paint!

you are going to kick yourself in the butt in about a year. you will outgrow that box too. when upgrading, its best to buy a HUGE box and have some empty space, you will save a ton of money in the long run.

i bought a new box and outgrew it within 6 months. :( next time i buy a box, it will be my last.

did you keep your old box, or tade it in?

Lol yeah, I'm not too far from outgrowing this one, but I still have another dual bank top box, and I'll probably trade that in on the 2 top chests and 2 side boxes I'm anticipating on adding to this one when my money situation looks better again (hopefully sooner than later!). Traded that craftsman bottom one in on the new bottom since he gave me a sweet deal on the trade in. Hard to tell in the pics but this new one affords me MUCH more room, and jeebus, the quality is so much better of course. The other guys at our shop do think it's funny that I prefer to use their tools so that I don't get mine dirty haha.

Im SO glad i dont have to spend all kinds of money of HUGE things like that. my grandfather has like 60 years of tools i his shop. :nice:

Anything I need he has.

Lol same here...My dad has about 8 boxes here at home and we have 4 others at the shop, but I like having my very own, I guess it has sort of turned into a hobby over the last few years. I look back and think about all the cool stuff I could have done to my car instead lol. So hard to go on those trucks though and walk off empty handed, they're definately good salesmen :bang:

I wish I could afford Snap On stuff like Nik and even MATCO or MAC. Problem is I have two kids now so it's Craftsmen for me. Good news is Sears is down the street so I can have anything replaced in a second. My box is 6 feet tall plus I have 12 foot of peg board. Pegage rules! Oh and I have the 300 Gallon Craftsmen compressor to match. TV, Surround sound, rug, race deck tile and all that I guess I could have had Snap On stuff.

I spent the extra cash on a mini fridge and beer.

Toolbox.jpg

Garage-1.jpg

Attachments

• Toolbox.jpg
    Toolbox.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 54
  • Garage-1.jpg
    Garage-1.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 47
I wish I could afford Snap On stuff like Nik and even MATCO or MAC. Problem is I have two kids now so it's Craftsmen for me. Good news is Sears is down the street so I can have anything replaced in a second. My box is 6 feet tall plus I have 12 foot of peg board. Pegage rules! Oh and I have the 300 Gallon Craftsmen compressor to match. TV, Surround sound, rug, race deck tile and all that I guess I could have had Snap On stuff.

I spent the extra cash on a mini fridge and beer.

you mean 30 gallon compressor? :p if you are in the buisness, then having quality tools is improtant. you can skimp on some things and get cheaper tools, but the ones you use everyday to make a living need to be quality.

i would hate to ssee what you guys would say about my tools... :nonono:

Nice box:nice:

My father-in-law is a franchise dealer for Snap-on. I get to see what the quailty is of the boxes after use. The snap-on ones ARE worth the extra cost with powdercoat, ball bearings, HD casters, better locks/locking system. The used snap-on ones are always in better shape. Mac has a nice box aswell but you can tell the diff. in the two after some use. The craftsman (he calls them crapsman :p ) ones are lucky to make it home without falling apart.

I get to play with alot of cool stuff...and use the nice stuff if I need too. I have asked to buy some stuff and he just says "just barrow mine".

He is the first to say craftsman is worth it to a home mech. as far as hand tools go for the most part but if your doing it for a living that is when the quality stands out.

I hope to get some stuff from him down the road prob. buy a used box off him at some point and replace my sockets as some are getting sorry. Got a 18v cordless impact a few years ago for my birthday or xmas...and that sucker is wicked.