Site for doing 5 lug swap...

• Sponsors (?)

Hmmmm IM CHEAP

I guess Im just looking at the cheapest way possible to convert to 5 lug and use the 17 in OEM Bullitt rims on my 89. Maybe Im just not reading it right what all I need, and what I CANNOT use....

Little help Little help for someone who has done this task?

Chris

To do it RIGHT, you have to convert to the SN95 front spindle, hub, and brakes. You can use the drums in the back. I've seen some people that have mounted the Bullitt wheels on the 5 lug swap rotors (SVO or Lincoln Mark VII rotors), but the dust cap will not fit due to the limited room available since the spindle sticks out too far. If you shop around, and use www.car-part.com , maybe you can get the front swap for around $200-300 or so for spindles, rotors and calipers.... and 2 left Ranger axles or 2 right Aerostar axles and 9" drums for $75-$150 or so. This will get you better brakes and the nice wheels!

Good luck!

trbkrb said:
To do it RIGHT, you have to convert to the SN95 front spindle, hub, and brakes. You can use the drums in the back. I've seen some people that have mounted the Bullitt wheels on the 5 lug swap rotors (SVO or Lincoln Mark VII rotors), but the dust cap will not fit due to the limited room available since the spindle sticks out too far. If you shop around, and use www.car-part.com , maybe you can get the front swap for around $200-300 or so for spindles, rotors and calipers.... and 2 left Ranger axles or 2 right Aerostar axles and 9" drums for $75-$150 or so. This will get you better brakes and the nice wheels!

Good luck!
:notnice: I found out the hard way about the dust cap problem!!! :nice:

Here's the easy and cost effective way.

Lincoln rotors up front, you may be able to get them for under $50 a piece,
Summit racing rear axle and drum 5 lug conversion setup. $199, total with fluid can be less than 350 bucks. Even cheaper if you use, used axles and drums out of a ranger (you need 2 of the same side). And good junkyard front lincoln rotors, i've heard of people doing it for under 150 bucks.

A little flattening of the front dustcap cures most centercap issues.

My car with my rims is in my sig.
I don't use the summit rear kit, my rear is totally upgraded, but i know multiple people that do use it.

BTW, my car has been like this since i owned it in 93.