Progress Thread Sketchy Gt 5.0, It’s Gonna Be A Long Process

• Sponsors (?)

Okay guys I have a problem, already. So today I cleaned my upper intake it was kind of grimy so I took the brake clean to it and wiped it down, I also changed my plugs. The car runs fine and drives fine, mostly. But when it shifts into second it goes in smooth, but then at steady throttle it revs up a few hundred rpms then back down idk why it’s doing this but I read something about the tbs being bad and causing transmission problems but idk any help would be great, I was thinking that the brake clean might have gotten over there and messed up the tps but idk if that’s even possible

Drop the transmission pan. Change the fluid and the transmission filter...add a bottle of Lucas transmission treatment.

You have a symptom of low fransmission fluid. Check it with the car warm and running with the shifter in park. As the trans fluid heats up it expands. That could be why it shifts funky cold but not when warm. Either way a bottle of Lucas stop slip is still a good idea.....just add it if its low. Do not overfill the trans.

Lucas is like syrup. I usually let the bottle sit on the intake to warm up a little before i add it. Speeds the process up a little.

Reactions: 2 users
Drop the transmission pan. Change the fluid and the transmission filter...add a bottle of Lucas transmission treatment.

You have a symptom of low fransmission fluid. Check it with the car warm and running with the shifter in park. As the trans fluid heats up it expands. That could be why it shifts funky cold but not when warm. Either way a bottle of Lucas stop slip is still a good idea.....just add it if its low. Do not overfill the trans.

Lucas is like syrup. I usually let the bottle sit on the intake to warm up a little before i add it. Speeds the process up a little.

Thanks I’ll check the fluid this evening

Okay, so the trans fluid was low. It was fine last Tuesday so it took between then and Saturday to leak out so I’m not sure yet where it’s coming from. But anyway I’m gonna do a trans fluid change this weekend and I’m kind of hoping it’s coming out around the pan. How much fluid does the aode take

Finally got around to putting the car on the lift, transmission leaks at the tailshaft seal just barely, I guess that’s why it just started since it didn’t do it at purchase but it is leaking so that’ll be getting fixed within the next week, just gotta find the time. I’ll post pics once I get back under the car. Also found my exhaust leak, somebody sawed the pipe that comes from the smog pump in half about an inch away from the h pipe and I also found that the O2 sensors were unplugged but that’s the only stuff that was just strange under the car. All in all I am still very happy with the car and I can’t wait to get started on the paint next month

Reactions: 1 users
Alright been awhile since ive posted an update. Nothing has changed so far but I did choose a color for the paint, Rio Red is what I'm gonna go with. I've always loved a Bright red stang

Reactions: 1 user
F1AFC74E-220B-426E-9AAE-0FC752423719.jpeg
Yeah, lose that old Laser Pink!

Although Redfire metallic is still a nice color...

I don’t remember what Rio looks like.

Looks something like this idk who’s car this is but OMG

Reactions: 2 users
Okay, sorry guys it’s been awhile since I’ve said anything about the car. If all goes as planned we will be spraying paint next weekend and I’ve also considered doing a little painting on the intake and valve covers just to make the engine bay look better for car show season. Anyway afafter making everything pretty again, I’m trying to decide what direction I want to take the build, I know I want it to be very streetable as I like driving it a lot. But I also want it to be quicker than it is... decisions decisions

Finally I was able to buy my paint, went with Performance Red so hopefully I'll get around to spraying it sooner rather than later. I also ordered a Mac O/R X pipe yesterday so once that comes in I'll start in with some pictures and a link to exhaust Video. I wanted to paint this weekend but I won't be home and next weekend it's supposed to rain so I don't know when I'll get around to it but I'll update when i can