slamming problem

andrw

Feb 1, 2003
new jersey
lets say im going in third pretty good, 35-40, and i let my foot off the gas and allow it to slow down to say...25-26, then i step on the gas firmly, not flooring it, but firm. i get this slam like the rearend had too much slack or something. i really have no idea what it is, but im curious if its normal? ive had it all along, since i got the car, which is about a year now. so im not really all that worried, but im wondering if maybe i should be...?

thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

ssjmaverick23 said:
ive got the same problem with my 88 and ive had it for 3-4 years now and its always done it i think

yeah, its not so much a problem, just strange i think. i dont know, i was thinking maybe ujoints were a little sloppy.

but if others have it for that long, im in no hurry to pull em. :spot:

U-joints going out, pinion nut backed off, yeah....I'd worry! Jack it up, get under there and see what the hell is going on! If you drop your driveshaft, it'll make alot of noise and your forward motion will stop. Unless of course it's your front u-joint. Then your driveshaft will dig into the ground at 60 mph and your car will do a polevault, just like an olympic champion! :banana:

evintho said:
U-joints going out, pinion nut backed off, yeah....I'd worry! Jack it up, get under there and see what the hell is going on! If you drop your driveshaft, it'll make alot of noise and your forward motion will stop. Unless of course it's your front u-joint. Then your driveshaft will dig into the ground at 60 mph and your car will do a polevault, just like an olympic champion! :banana:

i tell ya, i liked the other guys answer better then yours. :notnice:

i dont really know what im looking at down there. so if its that serious ill take it to my mechanic.

andrw said:
i tell ya, i liked the other guys answer better then yours. :notnice:

i dont really know what im looking at down there. so if its that serious ill take it to my mechanic.

i just took a peak out there and it looks like theres a wet spot on the bottom portion of the rearend. perhaps the culprit?