Slight knock just off idle.

I noticed a slight knock/valve train rattle (kinda like a noisey lifter sound) just off idle today. It's bearly noticable and I'm just wondering if I am being too paranoid and it is just normal valve train noise or if it is a more serious issue. I just changed the oil yesterday with about 15,000 mile on the odometer.

• Sponsors (?)

krly79 said:
I noticed a slight knock/valve train rattle (kinda like a noisey lifter sound) just off idle today. It's bearly noticable and I'm just wondering if I am being too paranoid and it is just normal valve train noise or if it is a more serious issue. I just changed the oil yesterday with about 15,000 mile on the odometer.

i have the same thing, but mine has been doing it since i got the car at 12 miles and it hasnt gotten any louder ( i think )... Im thinking its normal since ive heard some other GT's doing the same thing.

its at ford right now for the ticking on acceleration. Ill let you know if it goes away if i get new heads (hoping)

1fast03pony said:
i have the same thing, but mine has been doing it since i got the car at 12 miles and it hasnt gotten any louder ( i think )... Im thinking its normal since ive heard some other GT's doing the same thing.

its at ford right now for the ticking on acceleration. Ill let you know if it goes away if i get new heads (hoping)

ya, let me know if it helps.

coramprat said:
You noticed after the oil change? Make sure you put enough in. The first time I chaged my oil I repalced with 5 qts. but it really was supposed to have 6.
All 4.6L Mustang GT's definitely have an oil capacity of 5 quarts, not 6. Only 4.6 Cobra's hold 6 quarts. The ticking noise is normal, I have heard it is from the fuel injectors. I would not worry about it, about every other 4.6 motor I have ever heard has made the noise at idle.