slight miss

jlds91389

Feb 1, 2009
Orange Tx
After change my intake manifold my car a developed a slight miss. It only does it sometimes like when i leave my house for work it runs fine then at 3pm i get in it and it does it. It does it until it warms up kinda sound like bad gas or a plug/coil is wet. When i sit at a stop like you can feel it kinda "bump" the car and a cruising speed with the cruise set you can barely feel it. Any thoughts?

Jacob

• Sponsors (?)

I'd be surprised if it were the fuel filter since you just changed it. It seems much more likely that it's something related to the intake swap since that's when it started.

Why did you change intakes - did the old one crack? If so, you may have gotten coolant in one of the plug wells and there may be some moisture still trapped in one of the COP boots, or the boot may have been damaged from arcing - they can go bad, just like plug wires do.

ok guys i checked all of the vacum lines and all are good. as i am in houston without my tools i cant check to cop or spark plugs. The miss stops when the car gets to its operating temp is this a sign that just my plugs are bad?

Its most likely something having to do with the coils and plugs. Either there is is moister in the plug wells, bad coils or plugs, or incorrect reinstallation of the coils/plugs after the swap. I have the same problem, only my car misses EXTREMELY bad. I just changed the fuel filter a week ago and it's still missing. Definitely the coils/plugs.

Changes the coil and the plug. There was no sign of moisture anywhere. The only thing I seen was the very small tip on the looked broken off put a new plug in and all was fine for about ten minutes then the miss came back. Any thoughts?