Progress Thread Slow Progress On My "illegally Abused" 1988 Gt

• Sponsors (?)

Can anyone take a pic of the pins that hold the fuel tank straps to the chassis. I have brand new bolts for the front but dont know how the rear is setup. Please and thank you!

David

Can anyone take a pic of the pins that hold the fuel tank straps to the chassis. I have brand new bolts for the front but dont know how the rear is setup. Please and thank you!

David
I'll see if i can find mine on my red car, it's uber simple though. The pin that holds them in just slips out of the whole in the rear bracket. Just fiddle with the strap a little bit and the pin can be easily pushed out.

I'll see if i can find mine on my red car, it's uber simple though. The pin that holds them in just slips out of the whole in the rear bracket. Just fiddle with the strap a little bit and the pin can be easily pushed out.

I was told there was some kinda anchor that bolts in and the pins go in it. So I'm just trying to make sure.

I was told there was some kinda anchor that bolts in and the pins go in it. So I'm just trying to make sure.
Not on my '86. I'll be putting in a new gas tank in my '83 in about three weeks. I'll try to pay attention there.

I'll go out in the garage here shortly and try to take a trip down memory lane for you. My '86 is out there.

Ok, there is only one pin that is captured in the mount on the rear of the car, here are pictures of one of my straps that i mounted and then took back off. You just need to align the pin with the holes and use a punch or some such device to push the pin out from the mount. It secures itself in there, even though it sounds simple and might fall out on its own, it won't. Clever design on ford's part.
IMG_2019.JPG
IMG_2020.JPG
IMG_2021.JPG
IMG_2023.JPG

Ok, there is only one pin that is captured in the mount on the rear of the car, here are pictures of one of my straps that i mounted and then took back off. You just need to align the pin with the holes and use a punch or some such device to push the pin out from the mount. It secures itself in there, even though it sounds simple and might fall out on its own, it won't. Clever design on ford's part.
IMG_2019.JPG
IMG_2020.JPG
IMG_2021.JPG
IMG_2023.JPG

Man thankle you for this. Do you just tap them in?