Slp Catted X Pipe

68 & 00 GT said:
sounds cool , but I got My Jet Hot LT's, and Jet Hot O/R X ~ 6 months ago from www.theCorral.net group purchase (in thier forums) to go with my MF Catback ! That would have been nice to start with though. I sold my first Mac o/r H pipe, and my Magnaflow catted X to buy my Jet Hot stuff :nice:

See vids below - (BTW PLEASE right click save as)

http://www.cap42.com/stang/burn.mpg

http://www.cap42.com/stang/burn1.mpg

http://www.cap42.com/stang/burn2.mpg

Oh and my car wasn't bogging I was fanning the gas. Several people have asked me that.

Love 'em ! :drool:
:drool: what muffs are you using?

• Sponsors (?)

Spreadman said:
http://users.ev1.net/~spreadman/Pages/media.html

I have vids of my car with Magnaflow catted X and Magnapacks. I love the combo. Plus, SLP had it's chance to make Mustang parts from the very beginning, now they want our business in order to stay alive. Screw 'em.
Who cares?...You sound like the guys who gave SLP reviews on this board...the only negative ones were from people who didnt even have them and were mad because they werent with mustangs since 1964...give me a break.:rolleyes: They are great quality(ceramic coated headers, and all pipes are stainless, install of everything but the headers is a breeze), they add more power, and sound great. Every aftermarket company that comes along is going to improve the market no matter how you look at it, because they will force other companies to make cheaper and better products.

I will try to get those pics next time the car is up on the lift...probably within the next two weeks. In case anyone is wondering...the ground clearance is better than with the stock cats on. I dont drag on speedbumps that i used to anymore.

Andy

ive read a few threads on this board saying basically "i dont care if slp products give me 20rwhp, they werent with mustangs since day one so screw them" i find this very hilarious..who gives a crap if they are doing it to stay alive, if their products were cheap and crappy then you could talk, if its quality products that actually make a difference for your car, then ssssssssssssshhhhh.

SilverSteed said:
Who cares?...You sound like the guys who gave SLP reviews on this board...the only negative ones were from people who didnt even have them and were mad because they werent with mustangs since 1964...give me a break.:rolleyes: They are great quality(ceramic coated headers, and all pipes are stainless, install of everything but the headers is a breeze), they add more power, and sound great. Every aftermarket company that comes along is going to improve the market no matter how you look at it, because they will force other companies to make cheaper and better products.

Alas, I'm not giving them a negative review. I'm choosing not to review them at all. I am just as passionate about the Mustang aftermarket as the next guy, but SLP had their chance to contribute to it long before the demise of the F-body. They could have entered the ring, offered more competition, lowered prices, etc....it's called capitalism (just like you said). But they chose not to. They waited until their avenue dried up.

However, companies like Borla, Magnaflow, Flowmaster, MAC, Bassani....they've been developing and implementing Mustang exhaust along with our competition. So I choose to support these companies. If the Mustang should die (God forbid), will SLP resort to ricer mufflers to stay alive?

Sorry for getting off topic, but I felt this needed responding to.

mike2858 said:
i may be wrong but i think the magnaflow X gives more HP because it is made from a "true-X" somewhat like the DR.Gas while the SLP isnt true and is more like the bassani?

You have that reversed. The SLP has a true x pipe whereas the magnaflow is more like the bassani. It's made out of 2 stamped sheet metal pieces welded together like a catalytic converter shell.

ADRENLN said:
the magnaflow is a true x

Yes, they call it a "Tru-X" but if you go on their sight and look at the photo you will see that it is really a "clamshell" style like bassani. I've helped install one so I know first hand. It's is not made from 2 merged exhaust tubes welded together like Dr. Gas & SLP. Not saying it's a bad product, just setting the record straight. This style of X functions more like a chamber than a true X due to the lack of defined edges where the pipes meet. This means you don't get the full scavenging effect, but you still get the improved upper rpm pressure equalization so it's still better than an H.

This may be just what Im looking for, I want to replace my stock midpipe for now, being its going to be a while before I can get the headswap done. Then when I do my headswap, I can also add longtubes and not have to worry about buying a new midpipe. anyone know what they may sound like with Dynomax super turbo catback??

mike2858 said:
could u use the slp x and buy magnaflow cats?

Actually did you mean to use the slp x-pipe with the magnaflow catback? If so that is a yes. As far as using a different catalytic converter with the slp x-pipe that what comes with it then that would be a trial and error kind of thing. You'd have to find one with the same dimensions. Why would you want to use a different cat?