SLP is one mean catback!

01'TRUE BLUE GT

Founding Member
Dec 30, 2001
Pittsburgh, PA.
No wonder they call it the Loudmouth,lol. I finally got it on yesterday and just LOVE it ... awesome combo with Magnaflow's catted X! Idle is a little more tame than the Sportsmans, but give it the juice and look out ... this thing screams. My car now has that classic '60s musclecar rumble with no popping or cackling on decell. I couldn't notice much drone at all (if any) when the window was up, but crack the window and you can really hear the exhaust note. The car also feels a tad more snappy than before whether I'm just revving or driving down the road.

The sound is great and the excellent quality is evident the minute you open the box. Everything is protected and packaged perfectly, the finish of the pipe was way ahead of Magnaflow (I used to have the 'packs about a year ago). I even took it one step further and polished the whole system by hand before I installed it, talk about show-worthy ... I'll upload some pics for you guys later to see the difference before and after. The tips are top notch (no fugly hole in the bottom either!) and the clamps are good and strong too.

Installation was a breeze and fit like a glove. The only hard part was tweaking the flanges on my X pipe to get the studs to fit SLP's flanges since there wasn't much slop to slip them through. All the other flanges I've come across were always somewhat egg-shaped, but SLP drills a perfect hole in each side of them so your studs have to be perfect to slip through. Other than that the whole job was cake and I couldn't be happier! I couldn't even begin to imagine this catback with an O/R pipe ... you'd have to be crazy or deaf.

This system definately deserves a ... :nice: :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

01'TRUE BLUE GT said:
No wonder they call it the Loudmouth,lol. I finally got it on yesterday and just LOVE it ... awesome combo with Magnaflow's catted X! Idle is a little more tame than the Sportsmans, but give it the juice and look out ... this thing screams. My car now has that classic '60s musclecar rumble with no popping or cackling on decell. I couldn't notice much drone at all (if any) when the window was up, but crack the window and you can really hear the exhaust note. The car also feels a tad more snappy than before whether I'm just revving or driving down the road.

The sound is great and the excellent quality is evident the minute you open the box. Everything is protected and packaged perfectly, the finish of the pipe was way ahead of Magnaflow (I used to have the 'packs about a year ago). I even took it one step further and polished the whole system by hand before I installed it, talk about show-worthy ... I'll upload some pics for you guys later to see the difference before and after. The tips are top notch (no fugly hole in the bottom either!) and the clamps are good and strong too.

Installation was a breeze and fit like a glove. The only hard part was tweaking the flanges on my X pipe to get the studs to fit SLP's flanges since there wasn't much slop to slip them through. All the other flanges I've come across were always somewhat egg-shaped, but SLP drills a perfect hole in each side of them so your studs have to be perfect to slip through. Other than that the whole job was cake and I couldn't be happier! I couldn't even begin to imagine this catback with an O/R pipe ... you'd have to be crazy or deaf.

This system definately deserves a ... :nice: :nice:
o no, another one? Exhaust change number 8 i guess right? I was actually considering switching to this one tho.. could you grace us with a soundclip?

-wade

I have a soundclip of SLP in my sig. Probably the best slp clip going (because I keep promoting it) :rlaugh: I dont know WHOS stang this is, but i LOVE the sound.

Its SLP Full exhaust, with stage 2 cams I believe...(link in my sig)

the clip of the black new edge is unbelievable. freakin loud!!! I guess thats cause they are dumped that makes them louder then other clips. It sounded alot louder at idle then the other clips-or is it just a better quality/more accurate clip?

01'TRUE BLUE GT said:
You know me Wade, actually this makes 6. :D

I don't have any way to make a clip, but the ones that sold me were right here ... http://64.177.72.121/forums/showthread.php?t=8378

That last clip was the only one on that page that was any good. Too much wind in the other ones, anyone got more clips?

I will have the Magnaflow X and SLP cat-back setup myself, so it was good to hear those three clips. Anyone got any more? :shrug: