SLP Line Lock install...

Casey4s

Sep 1, 2007
Woodbridge, VA
I installed an SLP line lock kit on my 05 GT last week with the help of "kooldawg6". I got to test it at the drag strip yesterday and it works as advertised.

The SLP kit comes with a toggle switch but I liked the idea of a momentary push button switch instead, and mounted the switch in my front cup holder where it is easy to access.

006-1.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

the key... is that to activate the line lock....?

Yes, I liked where I put the push button, but I was afraid that an unathorized person (like a parking garage, or gas station mechanic etc) might think it is a plaything. So I installed the key switch to "ARM" the system. It is probably not really necessary but what the heck. If it was in a more discreet location I might not bother.

Glad it finally got worked out for you:nice: Too bad we couldn't get it done on the original install day:nonono:

What's it for??? Saves your rear brakes from the abuse caused by dozens and dozens of burnouts...like my car suffered! He and I changed out my brakes about a month ago and the rear inside pads were already wearing away the rivot AND the rotor:eek: I will have line lock on my car before hitting the track next year!