SLP LM2 VS LM1

SaleenGT2001

Jul 18, 2005
Four Oaks NC
well since my thread was deleted i will try to get the information i wanted by wording it differently. i have some SLP LM2 mufflers. I AM NOT TRYING TO SELL OR TRADE THEM:D :rolleyes: what is everyones opinion on the sound of LM1's with an O/R X pipe vs the LM2's? i might consider buying some LM1's from somewhere if they sound better. and would jason post up that link to the lm1's again? thanks everyone, and just as a reminder
i am not trying to sell my mufflers so please dont delete my thread! i would like to thank the admin for their understanding.

• Sponsors (?)

LMIs sound like ass with an o/r X. I would not get them. LMIIs sounds really good. Click my Seafoam Vid. Those are LMIIs with UPR o/r X. They sound good with an o/r X. DO NOT GET LMIs

If you run 1's on your car with an O/R X, your hair will grow into a mullett and your car will begin to look and sound like a catfish. Please, save yourself the time, money, disappointment and embarrassment; do not buy the loudmouth 1's.

helty said:
If you run 1's on your car with an O/R X, your hair will grow into a mullett and your car will begin to look and sound like a catfish. Please, save yourself the time, money, disappointment and embarrassment; do not buy the loudmouth 1's.

QFMFT!

That's right folks, you heard it from The Man himself! :flag:

well im gonna take a chance on this one.. but i have the LM1's on my 03 granted its with the stock H-pipe, which is going to be replaced by a SLP xpipe with cats, but i have no problems with the sound at all i think it sounds pretty bad ass... but haha i do have one of those mullet era firebirds.. haha

I'm ditching my LM1s for Bassani catback whenever I get the chance. I think the LM1s sound good when you're at WOT (they absolutely scream), but in the low revs they sound like garbage. The full Bassani setup should sound awesome I think...

stangGT97 said:
ah ya bastid, you've had every exhaust combo on the market haha. how does bassani sound when you're just easily taking off from a stop (normal driving). its not the deep bassy crap sound of the LM1s is it?
well for starters I wouldnt consider the 1's deep or bassy at all. more high pitched, blatty and generally sounds like ass.

here's a clip, with cats and a leak: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J68FcXd3Q8o

decide for yourself :shrug:

helty said:
well for starters I wouldnt consider the 1's deep or bassy at all. more high pitched, blatty and generally sounds like ass.

here's a clip, with cats and a leak: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J68FcXd3Q8o

decide for yourself :shrug:

at low rpms my LM1s are really bassy but I dont like it. but theyre also just welded into a custom catback, maybe that makes a difference. I'll watch your vid. when I get home