SLP Loud Mouth Exhaust 05-07 GT's Ratteling

Has any one experienced a vibration of the exhaust towards the rear of the vehicle. It usually happens once the exhaust is nice and hot (operating temp). It will present itself 98% of the time when at idle and 2% of the time right at take off. I can put the car in neutral and the rpm's rise up about 100 or so and it goes away.

I've gone over everything with a fine tooth combe and nothing is loose. I've ruled out the license plate vibrating, and the rear bumper. I had someone put the car in drive and let it vibrate and could stop it by pushing slightly on the drivers side tail pipe.

Anyone else encounter this problem with this product? :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

I had the same issue with my ford racing axle backs.....it sounds like something is loose in the trunk like in the spare tire hole right? I tried everything I though a loose exhaust hanger or something then I thought it was the heat shield....bottom line is I couldnt duplicate the sound with the car off or outside the car while it was running for that matter.....Here is what I think it might be as it was with mine. Exhaust as it gets hot expands toward the rear of the car and as it cools off contracts...not alot but in my case the hanger rod from my muffler on the driver side when hot was pushed by the pipes close enough to a small bolt on the frame causing that damn rattle. I had an exhuast shop trim the hanger rods for 10 bucks no more noise...

Ive had the same annoying rattle on mine for long time now, but have yet to find out where its coming from. It sounds like its coming from underneath the rear seat, on the passengers side. I also can hear a squeak when hitting bumps in the road coming from the rear of the car. I will check out my brackets like mentioned and see if that helps.

Matrix4.6... you described the problem to the tee...

I will look into the hangers and see if that will cure my problem.. Luckily I have a saw zaw that will cut thru the hanger and won't have to pay anyone for the fix.

I really appreciate the input. :nice: