SLP Loud Mouth

• Sponsors (?)

I would honestly look into a different type of exhaust. Its stainless steel from what I remember which was definately nice but it was one of the worst sounding exhausts I have ever had. Ive had all the flowmasters and mac as well. All on my 95gt. But its my personal opinion that it sounds like ****. People who arn't typically into cars liked it becuase of how loud it was. BBK lt's with o/r h-pipe and SLP. was the full setup.

I have 2 chamber flows right now, and its definatly not loud enough for me, i can bearly hear the car in 5th gear and i am so sick of the sound, i personally need a louder car. A buddy of mine from stangnet sold me a pair of the resonators for 30 bucks so im gonna have them welded in. And ill replace my o/r h with an o/r x cause it sounds like a truck with an h i will agree. I know its not gonna sound awesome on a stock engine but i think itll be better then the flows. If i dont like them ill probably go with bullits or save up and get a bassani catback, you can get the resonators brand new for 130 bucks, and have it welded in your catback, dont spend 500 bucks for a catback, thats a waste of money imo

stangman video clip: (copy and paste link into browser)

http://members.lycos.co.uk/nickh/stangman.wmv

I put the Loudmouth on my wife's Cobra. It is the best sounding exhaust by FAR that I've every heard on a dohc car. She's constantly complimented on it, even by regular folks at gas stations and in store parking lots. With the stock h-pipe it's very docile at idle and just plain nasty at wot.

for that much money DEFINATLY go with bassani. Ill post the video of the nicest sounding car ive ever heard and its a bassani, sounds like a damn nascar, but im going the cheap and loud route and i have always loved slp the first time i heard it on an ls1

heres the sound clip of bassani, if your gonna spend 500 bucks on a catback go with bassani not slp

here are the street comps
http://donjohnii.com/Exhaust_Clips/63.avi

Im actually kind of mad though that slp made a catback for our cars. Before there were only a handful of people that had slp on there 5.0 and i was gonna be one of them. Now there gonna start advertising and its an easy bolt on so even though there not cheap the amount of people that will have slp will probably double. Atleast it wont sound like everyother flowmaster mustang though

you didnt like that? I think that sounds amazing, the car just SCREAMS like a nascar, idk im still going with slp, i already sent out the money, hopfully be here in a week or 2, and then itll prob be 60ish bucks to get them welded in and ill get some sound clips for you guys tell you how i like it, wish i had an xpipe to go with it, my hpipe is gonna sound like a truck

well depends, i have a 2.5'' flowmaster catback, and the slp resonators have 2.5'' openings so the shop can just cut out the flows and weld the slp right in, not sure what you have, i hope it all works out though, for someone reaon things never go that easy :bang: we'll see how it goes

Re SLP Setup

Ya mob ever since i seen the stang man clip ive been stuck on the slp setup :drool: . The only others that can change my mind are, spintech prostreets with dumps and spintech side exhaust. Ill find the clips that are trying to sway me that way.

ohhh i no whitch ur talking about that was SICK!!! but i dont like the hollow sound of spintechs when u rev it, idk i dont really like them, idle is pretty nice though