small leak at timing chain cover and block

just4bob50

Apr 2, 2005
Pa.
Ok guys, I have a small problem. I currently have a small leak between my timing chain cover and the block on the drivers side. The area between the large coolant passage and the gulley below the upper most bolt on the drivers side. Here's the deal, I am currenlty saving for a head and cam swap some time this summer. I was wondering if there is a way i could apply a tempory fix to this spot. The leak is small to the point that it actually takes 3-5 days for a little puddle to form in the gulley. I was thinking about drying the spot up good with a heat gun and using a small dental pick to kind of dig out the gasket a little and then using some high temp permatex ( non-hardening ) to seal it up. Do you guys think this will hold up for 4-6 months till Im ready to do the swap. I know this is a half-ass fix buy I dont want to tear it down twice. Any other ideaa would be great. Thanks alot.

• Sponsors (?)

your leaking coolant thier>?
i had ther same problem last week
turns out the bolts holding the timing chain cover came loose. (new engine) i retorqued em down and no more leak. its hard to get a wrench on some of the bolts. like one you have to use a socket driver and the rest a wrench. its a half inch i believe.