smog pump delete

oldno7

Mar 27, 2010
I got a email today from american muscle and i just moved so i didnt change address on billing. So i call and ask whats up they said i ordered stuff yesterday (but I didnt). So i said what was it it was smoked headlights and the delete pump kit. So i told him yeah i moved. I guess my lady got the card and order that stuff.

My question is. is that a good delete kit

• Sponsors (?)

there is no need for a smog delete kit. Just get the smaller belt. The pump is far enough out of the way that it wont interfere with the belt bypassing it. Delete kit for it is just a waste of money. I am not sure what is meant by the above post. Getting a new alternator bracket and tensior setup is not necessary and you don't need it. Stock setup is fine.

no need for brackets or lame eliminator pulleys (a/c delete = ford racing a/c delete brackets to relocate the p/s pump)

61260d1234543643-short-belt-routing-1sptech_50belts.gif

i had to get a alternator bracket and tensior setup. the stock tensior was puttin my belt down into it self. chewing it up.

something must have been run incorrectly then. I have done it for years and never had an issue. Many peeps on here do the same without issue.

umm no i left the ac pump and bracket on it. just took the smog off. and it rubbed. it was like the fig with the 84.5 belt but went to the crank 1st the up to the water pump and over to alt..

when i got the new tenisnor i took all that stuff off it. the ac wasnt there the huge bracket looked dumb.

Well, I don't know what to tell you. With the right size belt, and re routing like the diagram shows, there should not be any rub at all.

Its how i run mine now....and the belt isn't even close to rubbing anywhere

DSC00021.jpg

took pump and all the hoses like to the xpipe and the one to the engine and the little ones coming out of the air bypass and air control. if you have a pic of yours would be cool my lines that went there snaped whay back and i dodnt know which is which