Smog Tube Removal Help

Solid E

Nov 20, 2019
WA
Any tips or advice on taking off the smog tube? I am replacing the headers and have them off now. Not sure if I can easily get to the smog crossover tube on the back of the heads without having to take more stuff off? I would like to remove the old tube and replace it with a new one. Can someone give me pointers of direct me to instructions on how to do this replacement?

thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

This is on a fox body?

Pretty straightforward really. One bolt on each head holds it on. With a wrench, you should be able to loosen and remove.

Just keep in mind if the tube is clogged up, the clog likely extends into the head as well, so changing the tube without clearing the passages in the head won't get the setup functional

Reactions: 1 user
And should your wrench slip off one of said two bolts..... you’ll be calling it a whole other name as your knuckles are bleeding!

• Hell Yeah!
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Appreciate the replies, might give it a try this weekend. I have been going back and forth on if i want to replace it. the old one is all rusty and looks like crap but its hard to even see it and i don't want to really get into a can of worms.

Appreciate the replies, might give it a try this weekend. I have been going back and forth on if i want to replace it. the old one is all rusty and looks like crap but its hard to even see it and i don't want to really get into a can of worms.

Use some rust remover on it, and then spray paint it. Engine enamel will probably be good enough, but if you are unsure, hit it with that flameproof exhaust paint.

Kurt

Reactions: 1 user