Smokeless Seafoam

AxlsDemocracy

Mar 6, 2004
Just finished running Seafoam through my 94 GT's brake booster line. After letting it sit a while, per instructions, I started it up, anxiously waiting on the smoke show. There was none. :(

I have 144,000 miles on my car, so I was expecting to have the fire dept. called on me, but there wasnt even a hint of smoke. How likely is it that my engine is that clean? Is the smoking related to how it's ran, either PCV or booster line?

• Sponsors (?)

There was no smoke from mine on my 100k mile engine either, but I did notice an improvement in driveability. I wouldn't worry about it. As long as the seafoam gets into the combustion chamber (both PCV and brake booster do this) then that's the right way to do it.

Well ..... when I use it (in the brake booster)...... I run the car, put it in, then the car will die when it gets in there. Start again, put more in, car dies again. Plug line back up, start car, watch smoke pour.

yup, start sucking it up and as the motor starts to die pull the hose out a bit so it stays running. When the bottle is about 3/4 gone go ahead and let it stall. That will keep the seafoam inside the chamber to do it's job. When you start it up after 15 - 20 minutes it will smoke. It will also smoke for a few miles of driving when you accellerate

My seafoam experience w/2 cars:

I did my car, and my parent's v6. My car, which has 61,000 miles, had no smoke at first, I gave it a tiny bit of throttle, up to about 2K, and the smoke started flowin, but it wasen't a ton like I've heard on here from others.

The v6, about 94,000 miles, had much more smoke.

Didn't notice much with my car, as it already runs how it should, but it was a bit more smooth. The v6 however was noticeably smoother, with a definite couple more hp.

This might make me sound we-todd-did but I've been thinking about something. When I ran it, I pulled the hose off of the vacuum tree and fed it down into the brake booster. Is this right? Would anything happen if I pulled the hose off of the booster and the seafoam flowed the direction of the vacuum tree?