Smoking Blue

Hello guys, I am new to this and this is my first post so please bear with me.
I have a 65 fastback 289 totally overhauled, bored .40 over by a reputable machine shop. 600 Holly, edelbrock four barrel intake, stock heads, 240H cam. C5 tranny and dual H exhaust with flowmaster 40's. Right after the rebuild the car smoked just a tiny bit blue. I did not pay much attention to it. After about 300 miles it was time for break-in oil change and I did again with MobilOne fully synthetic oil. I do not remember the grade but on the second change I used the same make with 5w30 for sure and since then the car is smoking very heavy blue from both exhausts. I added STP synthetic to thicken up the oil but to no avail. the car runs 200-210 degrees here in Puerto Rico (85-90 degrees) and oil pressure at 40-60. Can anyone tell me what can be wrong besides piston rings? The car constantly smokes and even more after rough acceleration.

• Sponsors (?)

PCV system? where would this be on my motor? this is a '65 289 engine, does it have one?. What does it do? Please bear with the ignorance.

sounds like your rings arn't seating well. you need to run 10w-30 or 20w-50 to let the engine get broken in first. Then move to syn. I would run thicker than 5w-30 in it anyway. like 10w-30 or even 20w-50.

Jimmie