Sn95 5.0 Engine Rebuild

now back to engine so computer is spiting out codes 172 and 176 witch i think would mean i have to change the O2 sensors on both sides .. i have looked up 1994 mustang o2 sensors and they look like they would be very hard to get at with out having the car on a lift ... i have also ran into i have seen 3 different pics of 94 mustang o2 sensors

id like to try to see and make sure they are plugged in all the way first but have to tell buddy where to look

58958_800px.jpg

58778_800px.jpg

bung.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

now back to engine so computer is spiting out codes 172 and 176 witch i think would mean i have to change the O2 sensors on both sides .. i have looked up 1994 mustang o2 sensors and they look like they would be very hard to get at with out having the car on a lift ... i have also ran into i have seen 3 different pics of 94 mustang o2 sensors

id like to try to see and make sure they are plugged in all the way first but have to tell buddy where to look

58958_800px.jpg

58778_800px.jpg

bung.jpg

The first picture is the best representation of the driver's side O2 sensor.

A jack and jackstands is how most of us get to things under the car. Some SUV tall jackstands and a good floor jack will do the trick, Harbor Freight Tools has jackstands that often go on sale.

Reactions: 1 users
Are those lean codes? If so, that would be an indicator of a vacuum leak...especially if the issue was no present before the rebuild

Sent from my big ass iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

172 Oxygen sensor not switching – system is or was lean – Single, Right or Rear HO2S – Fuel control
176 Oxygen sensor not switching – system is or was lean Left or Front HO2S – Fuel control

thats why im gana change O2 sensor

The O2 sensors could be bad, or the O2 wiring could be bad, or the O2 sensors could be working properly and are detecting a problem caused somewhere else. It's probably worth checking for the other things before spending $$$ on the sensors.

You could change out only one sensor and see if the problem goes away on one side. That way, you're only out the money for one sensor if that turns out not to be the problem.