SN95 6-disk in a fox?

wow tons of work for a stock HU, at least when you do something it looks like the factory did it so it will look good but i dont know why you would do that for 240 bux you can get a touch screen double din pioneer gps with bluetooth

keep trucking, maybe you can figure out how to get a stock 2005 air intake installed next

If i wanted an aftermarket HU i would have bought one and put it in. It has nothing to do about ease of install, or money. This is just what I want to do. :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Okay so did some test fitting today.

Metra mount kit. Holes line up in the same place as the single din kit i currently have, so easy swap once i make the HU fit

attachment.php

One thing you'll have to do is remove the U-brace behind the radio. This would be required for any DD head unit installed, not just the 460. The metra kit instructions make this clear. Also, the two studs need to come out. I really don't want to cut them, but can't see how they are fastened to the trans tunnel. They aren't really needed though...sorta. :shrug:

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC00061.jpg
    DSC00061.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 2,772
  • DSC00062.jpg
    DSC00062.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 613
Little teaser shot.

It sits about 1/2" out from where it should be thanks to the two studs. I just need to drim the dash kit, and figure out what I want to do with the two studs, and then it should slide home.

Wiring harness still hasn't showed up. :shrug:

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC00063.jpg
    DSC00063.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 742
Are all the CD6 decks external amp?? I picked one up today at the yard, I had to trek thru the snow, found one in a exploder, I got back with it and the harness, they ended up giving it to me which was a plus :D

I forgot to even see what year model it was from, now I gotta figure out which wires are which, anyone have any suggestions

Not all are. Are there 2 plugs on the back or 3?

I think 2 plugs are the normal CD-6 and the 3 plugs are the "audiophile" stereos that have external amplification (like Mach 460)

I haven't found a good wiring harness for the non-mach stereo, but i wasn't really looking.

Not all are. Are there 2 plugs on the back or 3?

I think 2 plugs are the normal CD-6 and the 3 plugs are the "audiophile" stereos that have external amplification (like Mach 460)

I haven't found a good wiring harness for the non-mach stereo, but i wasn't really looking.

I found a wiring harness on Car Alarm, Car Stereo, Mobile Video, and Cruise Control Info for Installers, I now know which wire is which. Just gotta pick up some decent speakers and one of those 10 dollar kicker sub amps and I will be set to try this myself!

As for those 2 studs I cannot remember how they are attatched to the tunnel, maybe someone with an interior removed will chime in

If you do come across a non amp wiring schematic let me know, there are some other wires what I could not find what they are for, I do have power, speakers and dimmer wires figured out, just out of curiosity I would like to know what the others are for.

Sorry I dropped the ball on the pics. Worked alot and the schedules of when i could get to the car to take a few pics never panned out.

I am using 2 plugs on my radio. The main plug in which most of the colors cross to the fox harness, and the shielded cable that goes to the amps. The other plus isnt used in any mustang application.

I found two relevant wiring diagrams for the 01-03 Mach 460 I'll post here. I did know that one of the plugs isn't used.

On this page, plug on right is main power plug for power ground and signal to tweeters. Everything I've read shows the tweeters as being standard 4 ohm tweeters

004.jpg

And for the other plug...on left. Subwoofer output plug. The other plug is not used as stated as it is for steering wheel controls and speed sensitive volume. I remember on my 03gt there was only 1 wire connected to this plug. However, if ypunwant to use an iPod/sat radio adapter, it will plug in here

005.jpg

Sorry I dropped the ball on the pics. Worked alot and the schedules of when i could get to the car to take a few pics never panned out.

I am using 2 plugs on my radio. The main plug in which most of the colors cross to the fox harness, and the shielded cable that goes to the amps. The other plus isnt used in any mustang application.

Before I start cutting, how did you mount the radio. Did you remove the two studs on the trans tunnel?

Definitely post up how you mounted the radio. I just ordered my double din kit awhile ago. Gonna do some soldering and make a longer harness off the plugs on my stereo in the next few days

Actually, the mounting is turning out to be pretty easy.

10 mins of trimming and the mount kit fits. Head unit slides in tight and didn't need to trim the lip around the radio.

attachment.php

ANd if you see how the HU fits into the console, the lip rests on the edge of the opening. So when i screw the metra kit in, it should sandwich the HU in place.

DSC00063.jpg

Once the studs are cut, the rear of the radio should rest on the carpet slightly, so it should be pretty well supported.

So mounting is easy, just need to plan my wiring

Attachments

• DSC00065.JPG
    DSC00065.JPG
    150.1 KB · Views: 606
i have owned many ford vehicles my history with the indash 6 changer is 1 out of 6 . meaning 1 out of 6 worked for the whole time i owned the vehicle

No arguments there, If nothing else I will go back to the JY for a single disk version. Oem decks suit me just fine anymore and I do like the way these look in a fox. I did love the huge systems back in the day, but not much anymore

i have owned many ford vehicles my history with the indash 6 changer is 1 out of 6 . meaning 1 out of 6 worked for the whole time i owned the vehicle

Good think i no longer own any CD's :shrug:

For the amount of miles per year I drive my car, and the fact that I never listen to the radio in it, this suits my needs fine. Cheap (total investment will be under $50) and looks good to me. just want an AM/FM setup really. I don't want to spend big $$$ on an aftermarket system i'll never use. I'm just not into big stereo setups these days.