SN95 94-95 TFI HEATSINK- Cant it be used on a Foxbody????

monte87

Founding Member
Feb 26, 2001
new york
Thinking out loud guys,

Im wondering can a HEATSINK used on SN95's be used on a foxbody?????? I understand the differences between connections, But im looking to relocate my TFI, If i dremel off the 3 fins and the 3 foxbody TFI metal connectors are lined up and connected properly, can it be done???
Has anyone on here ever do this??? and do the Bolt holes line up??????????

Thanks Anthony

• Sponsors (?)

I believe those 3 connections that go into the bottom of the distributor are for the ignition pickup sensor. The 94/95 gets this signal via a wiring harness. So you'd probably need a 94/95 TFI module and somehow wire it up to work. Or use a 94/95 distributor too.

I will tell you that of all the Fox's I've ever owned I've never had a PIP sensor go bad in one of them. And I've had them go bad on ALL the 94/95's I've owned. Point being, I'd rather have to change the Fox's faulty TFI module setup than a 94/95 PIP sensor. They go bad at about the same frequency and changing a pip sensor on the side of the road isn't as easy as changing a TFI module. You should keep your current setup!

Hey Thanks for the reply Bud.
I already bought one of those TFI relocating mounting kits that come with heatsink, TFI and wiring for my foxbody. My problem is that, Im want to mount it on the passengerside strut tower where the EVR sensor goes. Thing is the heatsink for the foxbody is too BIG!!! I seen online the heatsink for the SN95's and they are much SMALLER! So i have all the wiring needed, i wanted to see i anyone on here already did this project, dremeling the SN/95's HEATSINK to make it work, It seems the bolt holes for the heatink may be in the way of the TFI, the 3 little PIP sensor spades way also be in the way.

Thansk Ant