SN95 brakes quick question

ryan218

In just 10 years, I'll be old enough to drive!!!!
Dec 28, 2005
columbus ohio
ive heard i will need either sn95 ball joints or a stack of washers measuring .330 and 5/8 inside diameter? this correct? also will i need a new brake line. from hard line to caliber? or will the fox one work?

also. what are the specs on the stock 95 GT calibers? 66mm?

thanks in advance!

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah, and i would recommend just getting an SN95 BJ. I got mine from AZ and it didnt even use a cotter pin to lock it down, the nut was a nylon lock nut. So you just torque it down to spec and are done, no lining up the stupid cotter pin which will rust-weld itself to the threads in a year. Its a PITA to get the stock fox ones off sometimes.

ALso, the brake "line" you speak of is called a brake hose, and yes youll need new ones. I would highly recommend you try to get 01-04 brake calipers, banjo bolts, and brake hoses. The brake calipers are aluminum, dual piston, and fit under 16" wheels. I beleive you have the 17" GT wheels anyway so no biggy on wheel clearance. They are much lighter and better than the 94-98 crap which is single piston, iron. Heavy as balls. When i did all of this i had '95 banjo bolts and they wouldnt thread into my '99 calipers, but apparently ford changed the thread pitch back to the early SN after '01. I had to shell out $30 for new banjos. Some dealers wanted $50 / pair! Oh and one last note, i had to grind just a tad off my SN95 spindles to get the newer calipers to clear, but it was not much and not hard to do.

Good Luck

Yeah, and i would recommend just getting an SN95 BJ. I got mine from AZ and it didnt even use a cotter pin to lock it down, the nut was a nylon lock nut. So you just torque it down to spec and are done, no lining up the stupid cotter pin which will rust-weld itself to the threads in a year. Its a PITA to get the stock fox ones off sometimes.

ALso, the brake "line" you speak of is called a brake hose, and yes youll need new ones. I would highly recommend you try to get 01-04 brake calipers, banjo bolts, and brake hoses. The brake calipers are aluminum, dual piston, and fit under 16" wheels. I beleive you have the 17" GT wheels anyway so no biggy on wheel clearance. They are much lighter and better than the 94-98 crap which is single piston, iron. Heavy as balls. When i did all of this i had '95 banjo bolts and they wouldnt thread into my '99 calipers, but apparently ford changed the thread pitch back to the early SN after '01. I had to shell out $30 for new banjos. Some dealers wanted $50 / pair! Oh and one last note, i had to grind just a tad off my SN95 spindles to get the newer calipers to clear, but it was not much and not hard to do.

Good Luck

yeah i saw a write up on that about putting the 99+ calibers.
im doing autocross with this car this summer and that's the reason for up grading to sn95 brakes now. good information. thanks man!

Maxim Motorsports sells a braided stainless steel brake line that mounts fox body to sn95 calipers. They are sold in pairs and cost about 80 bucks. Thats the route I took....Quick and easy... The part # mmbk6f

Maximum Motorsports :: The Leader In Mustang Performance Suspension

Kelly

happen to sell them in just regular brake hose? thats more then what im paying for the WHOLE sn95 brakes lol.

The stock calipers for the 94-98's are 60mm pistons. Same as a fox. There really isn't a braking upgrade. Same rotor diameter, same piston diameter...just better cooling due to the separate rotor/hub design.

Definitely look into some 99-04 GT PBR's. They can be had for cheap. I just sold a pair with brake lines for $35

Ryan, I remember someone getting fittings that adapt the stock brake line to the sn95 calipers. I think they took the caliper and the hose to either a auto parts store or a harware store (pluming) and found fittings that would adapt the late model calipers...Try a search for 5 lug wheels..If memory serves me right this costs <$5...

Kelly

They still suck ass :)

better then the fox body crap. plans for my car is to see alot of corners this summer so i need better brakes. hence the reason to sn95 brakes. then when i come across some cobra calibers or like your said the PBR calibers ill snag them up. turbocoupe rear disk's are whats next though. my buddy has stock front brakes and then a turbocoupe rear and wow what a difference.

I'm just teasing. Hence the :)

You're gonna love em...because later down the road you can always upgrade to 13" brakes very easily.

ha, ive been couped up at the house all day with my old man im going crazy and not paying attenion to much of anything lol.

yeah. breambos (sp) would be nice. my buddys race car has the. LOVE them lol.