Sn95 Cam Swap Without Pulling Motor?

tyboudreau

Feb 23, 2017
anyone know if its possible to swap the cam in the sn95 1994-1995 mustang 5.0 302 without pulling the motor? thanks in advance

• Sponsors(?)

jozsefsz

5 Year Member
Aug 11, 2013
Cleveland OH Area
I so hate pulling the timing cover with the oil pan on. It's my pet peeve....
I hear ya, there's no way to get it back on properly without mangling the pan gasket, unless you drop the pan a bit and destroy that gasket (out comes the engine). Not to mention all the bits of gasket crap that go down into the front of the pan. It's better to just pull the darned thing. If you're doing a cam you might as well take the opportunity to change the gaskets and seals all around.

Dan_Soprano

Mod Dude
May 7, 2003
Jacksonville, FL
I hear ya, there's no way to get it back on properly without mangling the pan gasket, unless you drop the pan a bit and destroy that gasket (out comes the engine). Not to mention all the bits of gasket crap that go down into the front of the pan. It's better to just pull the darned thing. If you're doing a cam you might as well take the opportunity to change the gaskets and seals all around.
And save your back from bending over for hours...

Mustang5L5

This is a big reason why I pulled it out
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
Any prolonged in-car engine work (cam, heads, instake, wire tuck) I'd just pull the bumper and fenders.