SN95 MASS Air

I am looking into upgrading to the 94-95 Mass Air Meter since it is bigger and I know my stocker is restriciting my sytem. I can get one pretty cheap, but how does it secure to the inner fender or does it? For now it will be in the engine bay, but plan to move it into the fender, before long.

Also does anyone have experience with the Plastic type Pro-M or (PMAS) meters? Are they prone to cracking? I know where I can get one here fairly cheap, just wondering the pros and cons, It would be an 80mm unit. Do you think that would be to much for my combo, or can I not have to much?

Sorry of all the question?

Thanks in advance

• Sponsors (?)

No need to apologize for asking questions. :nice:

There are some potential issues with using a sn95 MAF/MAS on an A9* computer, but you should be just fine. The A9* computers have some adaptive ability which should compensate for the slight mismatch that will result with this combo.

Jrichker has posted on how to mount the sn95 meter in a fox before (I think).
If you do a search with his name and MAF you should find it pretty quick. There was a thread on this with in the last 2 weeks.

I do not use Pro-M meters (I have a C&L), but Pro-M has a reputation of being the better of the 2. I have never heard of the plastic cracking or becoming brittle. In general Automotive grade plastics are very reliable. I have had a Comp Cams polymer upper intake for several years now, and it has not suffered any damage.

jason

All you will need is a flange to slip tube adapter. The adapter may be sommewhat difficult to find. As with many things, ebay & google are good places to start searching. Summit may also have what you need. ( wwwsummitracing.com )

I have the 94-95 MAF and am not using any mount brackets. It floats, supportd by the rubber couplings.

I just purchased a new Pro-M 75mm plastic MAF, and I am very happy with it. It is a very solid peice, I can't imagine it cracking. I stayed with the older style, not the SN-95, so I can't say too much about that.

I bought mine (calibrated for 24lb injectors) for $206 w/ free shipping from jdsperformance.com

I was using a C&L before my Pro-M, and I am happier with the Pro-M. It comes with the electronics, unlike the C&L that used the stock electronics.

Jeff

For now I wanted to just connect it to my pipe on the outlet end and get a new airfilter for the bolt on side. But if I did that it wouldn't secure to anything correct? I currently have just a pipe from the mass air meter outlet and the air filter slips on the inlet of the meter. Is there a bracket that you can get to attach it to the inner fender if I do it that way. If I am looking at it right the adapter would be if I had a fender well mount?

Your best results would to be to use the stock airbox, and a K&N flat panel filter or stock air filter. Mounting the air filter under the hood causes problems with turbulance from the airflow from the fan. This can cause idle problems and hard to diagnose driveablity problems.

Aftermarket cold air intake kits don't produce much difference. Their cost exceeds the usefulness of the 2-3 hp gain you might get with one.

Unfortunately the stock box was gone way back when I bought it. So looks like I will go with a fender mount, maybe the guy will sell me the powerpipe with the 80MM Pmas or I could go cheaper a buy a aftermarket fender kit.

Can you have to much of a mass air meter? Would the 80 be to big? I should also mention I have a 70mm polished TB to go on when I freshen up the engine this fall. Just getting the parts together now.