Sn95 Rear Brake Lines To Fox Stock Lines

sen2two

I've been lubing and pulling it all morning
Jul 18, 2013
So I'm midway in swapping my stock 8.8 out of my Fox and replacing it with a 96-98 disc brake rear. I'm using the stock hard lines from the Fox rear. I originally bought these adapters i read were needed fit these lines to the calipers (Weatherhead 7818 adapter to fit into calipers. 8mm-1.25 caliper thread). These turned out to be incorrect. I would like to use an adpater then bend the stock lines into position, if possible that is...

I'm wondering what is the correct adapter needed, or what is normally done in this situation?

Attachments

• 20171104_184727.jpg
    20171104_184727.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8,296
  • Sponsors (?)

Pretty sure the 96+ rear brakes are not axle mounted but rather body mounted. I used 94-95 soft lines that can be bolted onto the axle, then a cut and reflare and you should be good.

here is how mine turned out for my 85 GT
wx8cDAn.jpg

COrrect. The 96+ lines are body mounted. You need to purchase s set of 94/95 rear soft lines that do bolt to the axle. The adapters then adapt the stock drum line into the 94/95 soft lines. You will need to bend the lines slightly

I bought the MM braided versions and here's how they bolt to the axle and my original way of adapting the brake lines. I ended up doing custom lines later

IMG_4170.JPG

When I first swapped to a disc brake 8.8 ( years ago ) I just used all the lines off the new rear. I had to get a fitting for the hard line, on the car body, that connects to the rubber brake line that " T "s off the rear.

The 98 might be different but the easiest way would be to take the " T " off your original rear. You want to find line that will fit the " T " and screw into the caliper hose ends ( not the caliper itself ).

If you have the fittings that work and some 3/16 brake line it isn't hard to find a shop to flare the lines for you. They also sell different pre-flared lengths ....then you'd be a loopdeloo away from success.

Or...you could duplicate the way they ran on the car the rear came out of....

Thanks guys. I see what i need to do now.

I originally thought i could do this without the soft or braided brake line from the caliper. Guess not...

There's a unique drivers and pass side soft line. You'll need one of each

They bolt to the axle. One side has an existing bolt hole you can use, the other side will need one drilled. I used large self tapping screws

IMG_4171.PNG

Reactions: 1 user
You wouldn't want hard lines to the calipers. Every time you did the brake pads you'd be cussing yourself out.

Reactions: 1 users
You could also do a flare and then a adapter then go stainless braided line. I used 6" line I think with I believe -4 to 3/16 tube flare adapter. Not the best pic but the best I have.

Attachments

• 20170927_153816.jpg
    20170927_153816.jpg
    600.1 KB · Views: 2,021
Correct. The two Wagner parts in that list.

You'll find the tab aligns with a hole just above the shock tower mount. At that point you need a self tapped into the mount hole to secure. One side you'll need to drill

IMG_4172.JPG

IMG_4173.JPG

Thanks. Just ordered both since local stores didnt have them on hand. I guess the ol'Fox will be on jack stands until then. Its natural habitat.

It's all together now. Just waiting (for a few days) to get the lines. In the mean time, i made this for fun to post on Instagram. I dont use any other social media. But its for for car stuff.

Attachments

• IMG_20171105_151238_603.jpg
    IMG_20171105_151238_603.jpg
    785.9 KB · Views: 1,775
Reactions: 1 users