Sn95 rear disc conversion for 9 inch rear

mach72

Founding Member
Sep 21, 2000
I am building a 90 Hatch which will have a 9 inch rear. I will be putting sn 95 spindles and front brakes on it and would like to put sn95 rear disc brakes on it too. I will be using a maximum Motorsports manual brake kit on it too. Anyone done this swap?

• Sponsors (?)

Call strange or Baer they both make the backing plates to run stock sn95 brakes on a 9 inch rear . We did this in my buddies 86 . Manual brakes . Maximum MOTORSPORTS pedal kit.

I am fighting this one right now. Mark Williams makes a 9" axle end with an 8.8" flange on it. The flange is part number 58510, and the complete kit is part number 58530. I'd like to collect more information, so any tips would be helpful.

Kurt

I am fighting this one right now. Mark Williams makes a 9" axle end with an 8.8" flange on it. The flange is part number 58510, and the complete kit is part number 58530. I'd like to collect more information, so any tips would be helpful.

Kurt
My buddy has a team z 9 inch in his 86 . Strange sold him the backing plates to run the 94-04 rear brakes . No issues with it . I do not Remember the part number for it

My buddy has a team z 9 inch in his 86 . Strange sold him the backing plates to run the 94-04 rear brakes . No issues with it . I do not Remember the part number for it

I found it now.

There is an ABS ring available, but it's complicated. I'm still leaning towards the Mark Williams setup since Strange does not make 33 spline axles anymore.

Kurt

Do the explorer axles have 33 or 31splines? Can't remember. Would it be money ahead to have a pair shorted to fit a fox or sn95 axle? That was a trick with 8 3/4 mopar axles.
31 , if you are doing the 9inch ends I’d want a better material axle personally . May as well do it right once

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users