Progress Thread Snow - 93 GT Vert. My first Ford, Mustang, convertible, ...

Anyone know what this is? I know it goes behind the instrument console and attaches via screw. I don’t know where the open end goes.

433A8180-E462-4EA0-8C83-25045C50E0A2.jpeg

• Sponsors (?)

Im starting to gather my thoughts on where I want to take Snow. Now, dont get me wrong, im a looooong way out. I would prolly say 2 years. But ive been reading some threads and thinking through implications and dependencies of the end game. So here are my initial thoughts, feel free to chime in with reality when I veer off. Im aware that most of this is old hat for folks here, but this is all (read: all) new to me.

Stiff and fun ride, not just straight line.

Total Power - more than 400, most likely less than 500. Seems like this will be a stretch with only the 351w

NA powerplant
options - 351w. Will require conversion parts

Will this require a new transmission?
- want to keep 5-speed

New read-end?

Upgraded suspension?

Already at 5-lug, but want to get to disc all around.

What size wheels?

Sfc’s first. They’re a little bit of a pita to put in, but one of the most valuable upgrades out there (Maximum Motorsports is my choice).

17” wheels look the best.

If you intend on mid 400’s, yes, new transmission.

It wouldn’t hurt to upgrade to a 31 spline rear end, though you could probably just get by with a rebuild of your current differential.

Suspension? Holy cow there’s a lot you can do there. Depends on money is all. Lol

Brakes? Mike is the man to talk to. @Mustang5L5

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
image.jpg
Oh that was money.

With me messing around with the dash, console, and knobs I of course had the wipers turned on. Started the car and the wipers began tossing the plastic console pieces on the windshield. Thought it was going to throw the center console across the garage.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
When were you guys going to tell me it took a full 10 minutes for the fan to really start pushing air? I thought I screwed it all up as no air was moving through the vents. All of a sudden the air started kicking.

When were you guys going to tell me it took a full 10 minutes for the fan to really start pushing air? I thought I screwed it all up as no air was moving through the vents. All of a sudden the air started kicking.
Ok, you still got a problem then.

Assuming your fan resistor is good, you still have varying stages of speed on your fan, right? If so, the resistor is fine.

If you do, then your vacuum actuators are probably sticking and not changing the ducts around like they should. That or you have some obstruction inside the air box preventing the various doors from opening and closing smoothly.

The actuators either go all the way bad by a torn diaphragm in them, or the start sticking. They can be lubed, I did it with my airbox when I tore it completely down. Then you can test them with a simple hand vacuum pump.

I hate to think about it, but when one of my sons was little he knocked a coke over on the dash and all of that sticky goodness poured down into the defrost vents. Guess what I had to do?

So, does your fan have the different speeds?

Ok, you still got a problem then.

Assuming your fan resistor is good, you still have varying stages of speed on your fan, right? If so, the resistor is fine.

If you do, then your vacuum actuators are probably sticking and not changing the ducts around like they should. That or you have some obstruction inside the air box preventing the various doors from opening and closing smoothly.

The actuators either go all the way bad by a torn diaphragm in them, or the start sticking. They can be lubed, I did it with my airbox when I tore it completely down. Then you can test them with a simple hand vacuum pump.

I hate to think about it, but when one of my sons was little he knocked a coke over on the dash and all of that sticky goodness poured down into the defrost vents. Guess what I had to do?

So, does your fan have the different speeds?
Thanks for this

I must have jostled something when I was testing. I put the HVAC console back into place and started it up. Fan speed came straight away.

Cheers!

Is there a trick to taking apart wiring harnesses? I cleaned up the light fixture but this harness is flakey when I move the wire around. What’s the standard play here?

7D08F81F-0DDF-4B6F-9702-22FA93DB7086.jpeg
Is it just the tape that's dry rotting? If you want to go through the dropping of your headliner you can cut of the old tape and retape it. If it's the wire this is a simple harness to make.
Are there any mods for this dang door ajar tone? Id like to replace that with something more ... interesting.
Only thing I know is to disconnect it, I never gave thought about modifying the tone. @Noobz347 is one of those super whiz guys with electronics. He can make a bitchn' halloween sound for it instead.:D

Is it just the tape that's dry rotting? If you want to go through the dropping of your headliner you can cut of the old tape and retape it. If it's the wire this is a simple harness to make.

Only thing I know is to disconnect it, I never gave thought about modifying the tone. @Noobz347 is one of those super whiz guys with electronics. He can make a bitchn' halloween sound for it instead.:D

Amazon product ASIN B01CO4ICT0View: https://www.amazon.com/Buttons-Triggered-Player-Amplifier-Terminal/dp/B01CO4ICT0

It's funny, I've given that same question some thought in the past. hehe

Use one of these to record whatever chime you want. May I suggest:

View: https://youtu.be/wB0hg4_JH0I

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
:jester:

Reactions: 1 users