So damn pissed

So since i like to find every deal i can i started searching craigslist to see what parts i could get a deal on and came across a 347 stroker kit claimed it was all forged and made by scat, well kit comes in and i slightly inspected it as i had to go on a job, so i took it to my machinist to make sure everything checked out and to have it balanced, my machinist calls me and lets me knoe that theres a problem, tells me that the kit is not a 347 but a 331 and that the rods are not cat but there made by probe and there the lightweight cheapos good for around 500hp but not the 4340 forged rods i was told about, and that the crank was not made by scat but that it was made by CAT, pistons were the only thing in the kit that were actually as advertised they are the forged SRS pistons that were made for a 347 kit, so since i already payed my machinist to do all the work on the block and internals i had to do something so i had to call up probe and order a stroker kit less pistons, but the guy at probe was really cool and hooked my up with the kit with top line rods and there forged crank for 800 but still that puts me 800 behind my budget and my schedual and i have a crank and rods that i basically cant use for my setup, sorry just needed to vent

• Sponsors (?)

Wow!

There's a special key on your keyboard that will really help you make yourself understood in the future. Down in the lower right corner you will see a key with a funny squiggly thing on it that looks like this: ? Right next to it on the left is one with a dot on it. This dot is called a "period". You put periods at the end of your sentences so that people reading what you've written can follow your thoughts without making their head hurt.

Oh yeah, don't buy stuff off of Craigslist unless you know what you're buying.

the kits not used its new, but yes from now on im buying all stuff from the original manufacturer, and as fas and the "." and "?" goes it was late and i think the commas work just fine and if not then its a god thing im not a ****in english teacher

Wow!

There's a special key on your keyboard that will really help you make yourself understood in the future. Down in the lower right corner you will see a key with a funny squiggly thing on it that looks like this: ? Right next to it on the left is one with a dot on it. This dot is called a "period". You put periods at the end of your sentences so that people reading what you've written can follow your thoughts without making their head hurt.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Eff Craigslist.

My personal experiences....Bunch, of lying, low balling people on there. I've sold a lot of stuff, but I am honest. I post pics, I give a full discription etc... When you see people who can't spell, and post no pictures, that's a red flag to me. PICS are free, why not post them? Everytime I've agreed on a price over the phone, they always show up "short" on money. Some people I let slide, others I tell them to get bent.

Wow!

:rlaugh:

:leaving:

I actually had better luck with the Mustang guys on Craigslist than with anyone else. Everyone else has been a F'en shady bastard and I mean everyone. One thing I got some was some 94-95 spindles booster and MC, everything looked good and correct and he even went down on the price. The other thing I picked up was a set of tribar wheels, but rims are easy enough to inspect.

Unknown engine/drive train parts I couldn't do, only God knows what you're getting.

And the bad grammar... man a third grader can give you better punctuation. I mean Craigslist could hire a team or nine year olds to proof read some of that stuff. If I was a teacher at an elementary school or something, I would just go on Craigslist to make up assignments. "Hey Class, fix this sentence."

Everytime I've agreed on a price over the phone, they always show up "short" on money. Some people I let slide, others I tell them to get bent.

I love that trick.

Agree to $100 price on a set of rims

dude shows up and says all he has is $75 cuz he needs the $25 for gas home.

I just say "Now you have $100 you can use for the gas home"

I never let people come to my house. I always meet them at a shopping mall or gas station or supermarket parking lot. I don't want anyone knowing where I live.

Wow!

:lol:

I actually had better luck with the Mustang guys on Craigslist than with anyone else. Everyone else has been a F'en shady bastard and I mean everyone. One thing I got some was some 94-95 spindles booster and MC, everything looked good and correct and he even went down on the price. The other thing I picked up was a set of tribar wheels, but rims are easy enough to inspect.

Unknown engine/drive train parts I couldn't do, only God knows what you're getting.

And the bad grammar... man a third grader can give you better punctuation. I mean Craigslist could hire a team or nine year olds to proof read some of that stuff. If I was a teacher at an elementary school or something, I would just go on Craigslist to make up assignments. "Hey Class, fix this sentence."

oh im sorry let me put it this way, i dont give a ****, im not in class and im not betting graded on my grammar and punctuation on a damn forum, so now since thats out of the way, does anyone want a crank and or rods?

oh im sorry let me put it this way, i dont give a ****, im not in class and im not betting graded on my grammar and punctuation on a damn forum, so now since thats out of the way, does anyone want a crank and or rods?

Its ok he was talking about people on craigslist, not you. Why not a 331 stroker now? Did you only get the block done at the shop?

Hmmm.....Wythors was just pointing out to you that if you want people to read your post make it easier to read. Not that hard. So if you want to say

" i dont give a ****, im not in class and im not betting graded on my grammar and punctuation on a damn forum"

Then...........why would we give a ****??????

:fuss: