Drivetrain So I Drove The Ii Tonight...

MustangIIMatt

Easy there, this ain't a dating site.
Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Mar 7, 2002
My II mostly sits these days.

I try to drive it at least once on the weekends, but that just hasn't been happening with all the rain we've been getting here in Texas (apparently God got around to checking his answering machine, found all the rain prayers from the drought we've had for the better part of the last 15 years, and turned the faucet on), my new job (go in at 7:30 in the morning, sometimes don't leave until 8:00 at night, I love being a dealership technician again!), and some emergency home renovations (roof started leaking, and did I mention we've been getting a lot of rain?) I haven't had time to drive it in over a month again.

So I actually got off work on time tonight (blasted through the UCI on the last car today in 33 minutes, fastest 1.5 hours I flagged all day!), so I said "I'm gonna go to the drive-in burger joint in the II when I get home." and I did.

Car drove great the whole way there and back, so I went for some extra mileage... was playing around with the EFI a little, trying to iron out an intermittent detonation issue between 4500rpm and 6000rpm, and wasn't paying attention to the RPMs, and yeah... apparently the engine doesn't care about seeing 6700rpm, but the C4 behind it did. I've got a nice little growl/rumble in 1st (goes away when I shift to 2nd).

T5-swap, or spare C4 from storage... T5-swap, or spare C4 from storage... T5-swap, or spare C4 from storage... T5-swap, or spare C4 from storage... T5-swap, or spare C4 from storage... T5-swap, or spare C4 from storage... T5-swap, or spare C4 from storage... T5-swap, or spare C4 from storage...

Decisions... Decisions...

• Sponsors (?)

How much time/$ do you have is the better question. The T5 will be more fun to drive, but the C4 sounds like it's more of a bolt in and go for you......

How much time/$ do you have is the better question. The T5 will be more fun to drive, but the C4 sounds like it's more of a bolt in and go for you......
Yeah, with enough motivation I could plug-and-play the other C4 in an afternoon, but when I'm done, I'll have gone from an upgraded C4 that I still broke to an old stock C4.

So I fired up the II this afternoon. Can't go anywhere with it because it's blocked in, and I don't have the keys to the Escape parked behind it. I let it warm up, put it in gear... no noise, put it in reverse, no noise, put it in gear and powerbrake it, no noise. I did everything but actually drive it, and no noise...

Now I need to drive it, and if the noise doesn't come back... well... what the hell was it?