So I Want To De-tune My Car Come Spring.

GroverDill

GoldMember
Founding Member
Aug 18, 1999
Demotte IN 46310
So I am seriously considering decreasing boost and going back to pump gas tune on my car. The E85 makes silly power but for the street its just too much. The car has a full MM suspension ( no drag car set up )

So my thoughts are change spring in the gate to say 7 psi and use the E-boost2 to up it say 14 psi.

Only get 91 Octane here so I will be octane limited. Now I need to find a BS3 tooner in the area ...

Deep down I have considered removing the turbo and swapping to a high rev cam and beating it on the streets NA

I want to simplify things, 35 miles to get E85 is just a PITA currently.

Anyone care to comment?

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

I think it's a solid plan fwiw. I've never had as much power as you're making. I can imagine its kinda a pita on the street and driving that far for fuel would be tiresome. Don't blame you for wanting a friendlier street tune. You could make me a good deal on that turbo setup and I'll take it off your hands:D

PTP racing! call and talk with patrick... tell him what you want to do. the dude is a straight up wiz when it comes to the BS3!

but you have to be ready to take some abuse from him lol

wonder what it will do on say 14psi on 91 octane I dont want to run meth either.

Also will I need to swap out the 120# injectors or will they be ok

I think I will run it around on the spring with the E85 tune for a while once spring comes around. The spring was making about 12psi if I remember correctly.

thats why you get 30's :) we always got 30's for the NOS car they werent to bad to move. i wouldnt want to do it all the time but its doable

was the big stuff already tuned all the way though the map? if you stay on E85 and just go down on boost nothing should need changed unless it needs cleaned up at that point