So I Want To De-tune My Car Come Spring.

PTP racing! call and talk with patrick... tell him what you want to do. the dude is a straight up wiz when it comes to the BS3!

but you have to be ready to take some abuse from him lol
Patrick is a good dude, we were out with him and Jason last night. You will be in good hands with him.

• Sponsors (?)

I have a question.... is your garage, or the place you'd store that 55 gals of fuel attached to your house?
Maybe it was just me, but when I was racing, I was never too comfortable w/the thought of that much gas/fuel was in the space directly below, and adjacent to my kids bedrooms.

I considered e85, but quickly dismissed the idea. There is a gas station about a mile from my house that has e85, but it's a Sunoco on the turnpike. I'd have to get on the turnpike, drive 15 miles to the next exit, drive 15 miles back up, get gas, and then pay a toll. No thanks. Not worth it on a street car, so I can't blame you for wanting to change things around. If you have a means so store drums, it may be worth it. What's the storage life for e85? Does it absorb water like gasoline does?

I was contemplating a turbo 363 myself and figured I'd save 3 tunes. 1 with e85,93 oct with meth,and a full race fuel tune. Is it doable with a mega squirt system? I believe the Anderson PMS can store multiple tunes can the MS system store multiple tunes or is it one at a time

I was contemplating a turbo 363 myself and figured I'd save 3 tunes. 1 with e85,93 oct with meth,and a full race fuel tune. Is it doable with a mega squirt system? I believe the Anderson PMS can store multiple tunes can the MS system store multiple tunes or is it one at a time

you can store as many tunes as your laptop will hold lol

I considered e85, but quickly dismissed the idea. There is a gas station about a mile from my house that has e85, but it's a Sunoco on the turnpike. I'd have to get on the turnpike, drive 15 miles to the next exit, drive 15 miles back up, get gas, and then pay a toll. No thanks. Not worth it on a street car, so I can't blame you for wanting to change things around. If you have a means so store drums, it may be worth it. What's the storage life for e85? Does it absorb water like gasoline does?

those turnpike stations have access roads for the employees to get there. take a jug and fill up

I'd say do whatever it takes to make the car easier to drive and live with. I've long thought 600rwhp (which is still a huge number is a fox) is about the max on the street.

If you can do away with the meth and e85 too, i'd say that's a bonus.

So I am seriously considering decreasing boost and going back to pump gas tune on my car. The E85 makes silly power but for the street its just too much. The car has a full MM suspension ( no drag car set up )

So my thoughts are change spring in the gate to say 7 psi and use the E-boost2 to up it say 14 psi.

Only get 91 Octane here so I will be octane limited. Now I need to find a BS3 tooner in the area ...

Deep down I have considered removing the turbo and swapping to a high rev cam and beating it on the streets NA

I want to simplify things, 35 miles to get E85 is just a PITA currently.

Anyone care to comment?

This is the PRIME reason why I don't jump from the non-intercooled KB into a turbo setup.

My current setup makes a stupid amount of power for a street setup. It's always there and it's always on, and it'll break the wheels loose in any gear at pretty much any speed.

I've considered going turbo or centri a couple hundred times but for what? To make even more power that I'll never get to the ground. lol

I would do the exact same thing you're doing. Get that thing down to a reasonable (but still unusable) power level and just enjoy the ride. :nice: