so my front wheels look like a sprint cup car ready for bristol.

stangnutlx

May 24, 2005
Coventry, RI
Over the winter i changed my engine and installed a QA1 K member lowering springs without ISO's. Got the car back on all four tires and on the ground. Boy is my front end screwed up, Will adding CC plates straighten my wheels?

• Sponsors (?)

did you not get it aligned when you swapped the K member? most of the time a new k member will make the alignment VERY badly out. post some pics and i can see what may be the problem

the car hasnt been out of the garage since last september. This is the first time its been off the jackstands. the top part of the wheel is bowed inward toward the fender. Its almost like you need to grab the strut and pull it toward the fender to straighten the wheels. its going to get an alignment after it hits the dyno on wednesday i just wanna make sure the CC plates will fix it. I'm going to buy the 4 bolt MM plates from AM.

Whether or not CC plates will correct the camber is dependent on just how ****ed up the geometry is now. You've got lowering springs and no isolators. There's only so much adjustment available on the CC plates. If you're too low, you may have to live with some degree of excess camber (with the plates at full-adjustment) or go less extreme on the lowering and be able to correct it.

Just how low is the car now? Can you post pics?

No i dont own a camera. i have H&R SS for springs, Ive already come to the conclusion im going to need to raise the front end up by adding upper poly isolators. I tore the whole front end out of the car. i replaced the balljoints, control arm bushings. and the Kmember. the car is pretty low, if you put your index finger and middle finger together and try and stick it between the fender and tire you cant. If someone has a cellphone i can text a picture of the car to them.

a lot of the k members need to run fox LCA's so the wheels dont stick out like you are talking about.

even with MM plates you may be maxed out. i would suggest cam bolts in the struts and then MM plates up top. the bolts are good for about a degree and the plates will go anywhere from 1.00 to 1.75*
this is the setup i run in my car and it have lots of room for adjustment

i have an extra set of cam bolts for $25 if you want them.

No i dont own a camera. i have H&R SS for springs, Ive already come to the conclusion im going to need to raise the front end up by adding upper poly isolators. I tore the whole front end out of the car. i replaced the balljoints, control arm bushings. and the Kmember. the car is pretty low, if you put your index finger and middle finger together and try and stick it between the fender and tire you cant. If someone has a cellphone i can text a picture of the car to them.

First, put in both upper and lower poly isolators all the way around. Next, MM C/C plates will help with your alignment. But you're going to hate being that low. Are you sure you got the right H&R SS for your car?

My car is that low and it's gotten that way over time. You can put one finger between the front tire and the fender but not two. H&R aren't supposed to sag but mine have dropped more since I put my blower in. My front end is almost 2-1/2" lower than stock. In a week or two I'm going to swap out my H&R SS for some Eibach Pro springs all the way around with new poly isolators and see how those work out for my heavy ass front end.

First, put in both upper and lower poly isolators all the way around. Next, MM C/C plates will help with your alignment. But you're going to hate being that low. Are you sure you got the right H&R SS for your car?

My car is that low and it's gotten that way over time. You can put one finger between the front tire and the fender but not two. H&R aren't supposed to sag but mine have dropped more since I put my blower in. My front end is almost 2-1/2" lower than stock. In a week or two I'm going to swap out my H&R SS for some Eibach Pro springs all the way around with new poly isolators and see how those work out for my heavy ass front end.

ill give that a shot

the car is pretty low, if you put your index finger and middle finger together and try and stick it between the fender and tire you cant. If someone has a cellphone i can text a picture of the car to them.

Mine used to be like that. Its just slightly higher now. My CC plates got the alignment almost perfect but not quite. I now have roush front springs and its slightly raked forward and I still sometimes scrape the K member. I have some BBK poly isolators waiting to go in.