So what FPR is everyone using?

kendawg73

Feb 5, 2014
planning of finally getting the motor in the car this summer, so need to figure out other stuff I'm going to need... got my shinny new Acufab 65mm TB couple weeks ago (main that thing is purtty) anyway... looks like the stock fuel pressure regulator on my rail looks old or even original..and since I just about replaced everything on this car anyway... I would like to put an adjustable one in with a gauge, so I will know what it's doing and rule it out if there is any issues down the road.

So what's everyone else using? don't need anything supper high end, but don't want a POS either... And that fit's the stock rails... and would like one that the gauge mounts on vs having to run/mount a remote gauge somewhere...

• Sponsors (?)

I've had a cowl mounted FP gauge hooked to the shrader valve for years. Recently I just bought one of the shrader mounted gauges and will install that.

It set to stock FP

Last edited:
Moved to Talk

I use an OEM FPR. The only reason to [not] use an OEM FPR is because the injectors are too large, too small, or some other portion of the fuel system is inadequate. One other possible scenario is trying to mechanically tune a car designed to be run by computer.

this the one here? - https://lmr.com/item/KP-8388/1986-93-Mustang-Billet-Aluminum-Fuel-Pressure-Regulator-Kp-5 so it has no place for gauge, do you guys have one hooked up to the shredder valve?(i'm thinking that might not be good for it to be hanging off of there, can see that putting stress on it with vibrations ect and causing it to break) or do you just hook one up only when you adjust it?

Yup that's the one and I've had a gauge on the shrader valve on my daily driver fox for over six years without any problems.

This gauge.
http://performancefuelsystems.com/products.htm
16_1104_Algis76872copy.jpg

I use a Kirban. It works well well on my turbo car. I also use a Glowshift fuel pressure gauge. Its electronic so the sensor screws on the schrader and the gauge is inside the car.