So what you guys doing? EGR Block Off

kendawg73

Feb 5, 2014
When I started buying parts and what not the past 6-7 years for my car, I was planing to keep the EGR, so when I bought my Acufab 65mm TB I ordered it with the EGR spacer, but now that I'm going to go PimpXs and can't use the EGR, I don't want to spend more money on the non-egr spacer... so I was just going use the EGR spacer and not hook up the cooling lines to it and leave them capped on the spacer.(any issue doing this?)

I also now have get and EGR block off. So again since I was going to run EGR when I bought the new metal heater pipe that the heater core lines hook too I order the stock type with the nipple (haha I said nipple) for the egr coolant and I tapped a hole and put a fitting in the Explorer lower intake in the back for it. I know I could put a plug in the lower, but I need to now plug that nipple and don't want to do it ghetto style and put a bolt in a piece of hose with a clamp. So what is every one else doing for that? do they make a good coolant type plug (I used something decades ago and remember that cracking and leaking). Or should I just run a coolant line from the nipple to the nipple on the lower, basically making the same connection just bypassing the EGR spacer.. I also didn't know if still allowing it to flow that ways was maybe even a good thing anyway.

• Sponsors (?)

If you want the stock look, leave your OEM EGR spacer and EGR valve on the back and connect the coolant lines like they would be stock. If the vacuum and electronics is disconnected it won't do anything except look stock. It will circulate coolant around the intake flow but I doubt it will change any performance.

A second benefit is if you have visual smog inspection, you still look stock.

So a PimpXS will not handle EGR function? Will other new computers or a Megasquirt have that function?
It can be programmed as a function but I don’t think I’ve ever read of anyone actually doing it. It’s not part of a typical MS tune

I really haven’t heard of anyone running an egr on almost any Aftermarket efi system. Unless it’s required for emissions I don’t think anybody really worries about it much.