So, who's working on what these days?

Hey Lance! Good seeing you over here too...I do still watch the list and did see Sergio's giving up the coupe. Ashame, but I don't think he's been able to do anything with it either in some time. Hopefully someone there can pick it up and give it a good home.

Not sure what locked up in my GT...either the rear or the tranny, but of course after they got the old axle out of the car it was spinning fine. :rolleyes: Had to be replaced because it got shifted to the left upon impact...the driver's side wheel was sticking out past the sheet metal by about 2". I'm really gonna have to see if the car is pretty trued once I get it back; I certainly don't need it to be tracking funny. I want to hang on to it, but if it just isn't straightened out enough, it may be time for it to go. :(

If I had my own place to store the Ghia and some of the necessary tools engine-wise, I'd feel a little better. But yes, for now, life has gotten in the way of that and so it sits.

I'll try not to be too much of a stranger around these parts. I've been checking in here on SN more and more now as time becomes available. Really good seeing so many folks back in the II game!

Hey Frank! Good to hear from ya. Sorry to hear about the GT. Any idea what locked up?
Did you see that Sergio is giving away his coupe? I wish I could take it, but I just have no where to keep it out of the weather, and it would be too long before I could get to it to have it sitting up here in the NW rain.

My '77 has been slumbering quietly in one garage or another for over 10 years now, but I just got the King back on the road for the first time in almost 9 years, so I'm regularly driving a II again.
Life certainly gets in the way of our hobbies, kids especially. But, hang in there.

• Sponsors (?)

wow, nice to see you around Frank, I figured you were out of the scene years ago...

My latest fad has been facebook, which has a small II following, but already have Ms. Schnell on my friends there...

I really can't believe how long it's been since I've driven a II on the street to actually get somewhere ... really anticipating getting this 2.3L turbo monster done so I can do a road trip with it. The Mach 1 is still a reliable backup car, but I've had no reason to need it recently ... the 351W T-Top is just noisy and rough, and I'm getting old I guess, and the fuel pump relay got filled with water this winter... ugh...

Hey Darryl! Good seeing you too...good to see you've still got those projects there. It's been about 8 years now since I've done anything with the Ghia. Like I said, it just sits at the moment.

I might have to look that group up on Facebook...I just signed up there myself recently.

As mentioned, I do still check in on things every now and then...mostly just lurking on the list.

wow, nice to see you around Frank, I figured you were out of the scene years ago...

My latest fad has been facebook, which has a small II following, but already have Ms. Schnell on my friends there...

I really can't believe how long it's been since I've driven a II on the street to actually get somewhere ... really anticipating getting this 2.3L turbo monster done so I can do a road trip with it. The Mach 1 is still a reliable backup car, but I've had no reason to need it recently ... the 351W T-Top is just noisy and rough, and I'm getting old I guess, and the fuel pump relay got filled with water this winter... ugh...

Don't feel like the lone ranger. I think it's been at least 5 years since I.ve done anything to my II let alone drive the thing.

Been outta the loop, what's this facebook thing you guys are talking about?

Right on :nice: looks like you've got a really nice clean car to start with. I know i sure had a different appreciation for my car than other kids did when i was that young. You realize how much blood/sweat/tears go into something like that and you treat it as such. not to mention the satisfaction of undertaking something alot of people can't or don't want to do. And shoot, you never know what comes of the hobby fo her after the fact... you may get her hooked on cars. :D

I sure liked my V6 Cobra. Yeah it was not a road rocket, but with that 4 speed, it sure was fun to drive. There still is performance parts available for the V6s... just have to look a little harder.:p

I guess I should pony up with another update:D

This week, we've started to put the Yellow King back together. Its been a challenge...

After last summer, Angie (my buddy's wife, who owns the yellow King) decided she wanted to change a few things. As usually happens in these situations, a simple re-paint of the engine bay has turned into another $2k in chrome shop costs, a rear 1/4 skin replacement, bodywork, TWO full paint jobs (another nightmare. WTF is it SO hard to find a paint shop worthy of the name?), re-covering the interior panels, new headers, new starter, new subframe to tranny mount braces/bushings, new factory-tinted glass all around, new louvres, new 17" rims and tires, replacing at least half of the trim, new air breather assembly and valve covers for the Roush, new flexplate, new TC, new shifter, shaved door handles and locks, lower gears (it turns out she just wasn't happy with running a 14.7 with 2.79's and a C4 the first time ever down the strip :rolleyes: ) , and of course new floor mats.

Oh, and it has to be ready for a show where Angie's hero (Chip Foose) is going to be a special guest, and her King has been chosen for the show display.

Then there's still some details on the T-top coupe. We had to pillage the center of the King airdam for Angie's, because one of the parts runners mixed up hers with one that a previous owner had shaved the lower edge from (probably because of road rash), and the seals on the roof panels need to be replaced.

After that, there's the 78 T-top with the '95 Cobra swapped in (complete with the full EFI). Its up and running, with almost no problems at all, but its FAR from finished.

And if THAT'S not enough, there is a Monroe Handler lurking in the back corner of the shop. Tony says its not going to be started as a project until nex year, but I think it'll be more like next month...

Also been stripping/pillaging a couple of parts-Cobra's (too far gone to restore), helping another buddy re-assembling his 77 Cobra, helping yet another buddy strip a few Foxbodies and prep his 347 '90 coupe for a full-race build, and wishing I had the time and space to do anything to the Rat Snake.

And for any of you PNW guys, any of you thinking of a road trip up north of the border in June? We're planning a II invasion at one of the local shows this year. We got an even dozen last year, and its shaping up to at least double (and possibly TRIPLE!) that number this year. Its also going to be a memorial effort in memory of Todd Scruggs (Ricoswavydog). If interested, check out the "Sounds of Summer" thread over at mustangii.net for details.