SOHC vs. DOHC

• Sponsors (?)

sKaD said:
The Mustang GT has a SOHC
The Mach 1 has the DOHC

So.. how do we fix that when I get a Mustang GT.

Or... does it really matter?

From what I hear you can call Tim down at T&J Performance and get one of his Cobra Killer kits. That would DEFINETLY fix the problem of hp/tq but you'd still have the SOHC. ???

Its easy, I did a DOHC conversion on my GT. Call up your closest pep boys and ask for Piston Return Springs and also for Titanium Camshaft Pulleys for a 99+ Mustang GT. Also pickup some synthetic cam shaft fluid so you can handle the new strain. It'll cost around $150 total but its totally worth it. The camshaft pulleys turn the cam extra fast so it still operates as effeciently as the DOHC design. The piston return springs will keep the pistons in sync. The cam fluid will handle the new heat. I dynoed 310 rwhp with this setup, damn fast. You may also need to polish your intake down so that it can help with more airflow. I bought a bag of sand from home depot, removed the air intake filter and attached the bag of sand, then ran the car for 15 or 20 minutes. The sandblasting smoothed out the intake very well!

How do you like your cam pulleys and piston return springs guys? Getting the same results? :)