Sold my 03 GT, bought an 08 GT/CS

Ateup

Sep 21, 2009
OMG, I am so glad i decided to get a S197 instead of a Terminator. I friggin love this thing. It's just such a nicer car than my 03 was. there really isn't any comparison IMO. Sorry, I'm gushing.:p

681f2ce0.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Ateup, that is one gorgeous vehicle, congratulations man! Please enjoy your ride and report back here often.

I may be a bit prejudiced; I just ordered a red over black convertible with delivery around May 1st. I went with a similar stripe (MCA Pkg) and I too debated long over the whole stripe issue. Like you, the midships stripe really started to appeal to me. Figured if I (we) don't like them after a while we can always get the heat gun out and remove same.

Good luck!

Alot of used Mustangs I found that had the factory striping looked crappy. The vynal was all faded and cracked. Not sure if it was people not taking care of it or just OEM crap. I plan on on going aftermarket for racing stripes but the do look good. Enjoy your GT/CS. There is a local white one near my job and it is a head turner.

Other than CAI and tune, are there any must-do mods for these cars? I need tint and exhaust for sure.

She's a beaut.

I'd say one must-do mod is lowering springs. The stock ride height is way too high in my opinion. I did the FFRP swaybars also when I did my springs. I'd also recommend doing something about the brakes. My 95 GT with Cobra brakes stopped way better than my 07 does. I upgraded my front brakes to the Shelby Brembo's and it's still a brick. But I think that may partially be because I need rear brakes. I'm having them done this weekend along with some EBC slotted and dimpled rotors.

Beautiful car there, the tan interior is nice, spices up the interior ALOT! I like it. Wish I had more spice in my interior.

As for mods...do suspension for sure.

Shelby has their coil overs on sale for $799 which in my opinion is cheap...you cant get good springs and shocks/struts for that price...well they would be about the same but...DUH; COIL OVERS ROCK!

Intake and tune I really enjoyed on my car.

Do you drive the car in the winter? if not, dont tint the windows :)

Nice car!!!!!

I am considering going from an 06 Mustang GT to an 03/04 cobra. I test drove on 03 Cobra vert last week and it was more comfortable than I expected. The ride was not harsh at all. The only grip is the the location of the shifter.

i think I'm gonna keep it at stock height. My 03 was lowered and looked sweet, but was way too low. My driveway is like a 45deg angle, and i don't want to have to worry about scraping. I had to be too careful in my other Mustang it totally took the fun out of driving it for me. I installed the painted mirror covers and the blackout panel, getting Bassani axlebacks installed tomorrow.

6967f5dc.jpg

02c1a476.png

back.jpg