Solenoid no voltage

GTRocks

Founding Member
Nov 18, 1998
Lusby, MD
2010 V6 Manual tranny. Starter died. Swapped with one from Advance. To make a very long story short, the Advance starter has the solenoid line in the wrong position and it arced to the block. I ended up taking to Ford to troubleshoot (they discovered the short issue) and I opted to buy the OEM starter and take it home to replace, which I did (roll started it). Still no voltage to the solenoid. Went through all the fuses, and did find one 30A fried. Swapped it out, still no voltage. I traced the solenoid line back to the fuse box as far as I could. Seems there are two different connectors right on the passenger shock tower that the line goes through; neither show any voltage for that line. Neither seem to be any kind of fuse though. I need to get a relay tester, but I swapped the relays around so it shouldn't be a relay issue (all the relays are the same). Also checked the pertinent fuses in the cabin, and all pass a continuity test. Neutral switch clutch pedal seems to be operating correctly. I'm quite frustrated at this point. Any ideas?

• Sponsors (?)