Solidworks FR500 Wheel

• Sponsors (?)

Sure thing chiefy! Seriously though...why would you want those when you have the option of having the Shelby wheels! Yes, were doing them. :nice:

Cuz...
car3oldschoola4hv.jpg

They have the look I'm going for! :drool:

I was just messing around...those models didn't take me all that long...they arent very detailed, but it always fun to draw up some wheels. I would love to draw wheels for a living. As an engineer...most of the time i"m drawing some pretty boring parts. So its nice to mess around with something fun every once in a while. I'm still not very good with the spoke and hub designs...but i like playing around. I also use the program to draw up other parts...control arms, axles, calipers, rotors...things like that. Im sure it would be too difficult to render a whole car..tube chassis or something racy!

Sorry to bump this thread.

I use solidworks at work. Problem is we are using Solidworks 2006 for Windows XP.

My personal laptop is running windows Vista. I can't use any of the software from work yet because they have not updated to vista or SW 2007.

Is there a version that will work with Vista yet??

Cool. I never realized that there were so many CAD guys in here. I am a CAD admin at Thomas Built Buses (Freightliner, Diamler Chrysler). I've always been a ProE guy (we use ProE here at TBB) but the mothership (Diamler) has been pushing us to move to Catia V5. I've used Catia V5 a bunch but I still think ProE wins.

Great wheel models though! I definitely like Catia's rendering capabilities the best.