Solutions For New Window Motors

boostfrk

10 Year Member
Aug 30, 2011
Colorado
So I think I've narrowed down that my passenger window motor is bad as it likes to work intermittently, but mostly not at all. I replaced the switch, then checked voltage before and after the switch. I'm getting voltage in both places, but the motor isn't moving. I also already re-built the gear mechanism with new gear regulator plugs.

Looks like the window motors from Advance/Auto Zone are about the same price as those from LMR. I did find a pair from 1aauto.com for $115 for the pair, but I don't have any experience with them or know of someone who has.

Is there somewhere else I should be looking for these?
Is there anything else I should do? Should I consider rebuilding the motor itself?

• Sponsors (?)

As noted, the issue might be with brushes or the armature.
If you go the parts-store route, you often get a lifetime warranty.
Rock might have a better price than the parts store (possibly sacrificing the warranty).

The parts store warranties are limited lifetime I believe.

I found some on Amazon manufactured by ACI for about $35 each. There seems to be a few main companies; Dorman, Cardone and ACI with ACI being the only US made brand. Seems better than the $74 at LMR, but I don't know how these compare. I keep hearing to stay away from Dorman.

Well I ordered the ACI ones yesterday. They'll be here tomorrow. I'll throw them in by the end of the week and report back how they work. From doing some more reading around it seems that people have had good luck with them, at least as far as initial install and operation goes. It's hard to get someone to come back after having them installed for an extended period of time and report back how well they are still working.