Some help with 2011 suspension !!

11 white GT

May 9, 2010
Hi everyone

My 11 GT arrived Friday, I have been driving my self nutts as far as lowering the car ( since they all look like pick trucks )

I have been searching every site to find out if the same lowering springs for the 2010 models will work for the 11, the only site that shows lowering springs for the 11 is Roush, but the drop is not low enough for me, I have always gone with the Eibach springs with my other stangs.

If anyone can help me with this I would realy appreciate it, I am picking up the car this week and want to have it lowered by this weekend :D

Thanks for the hlep

• Sponsors (?)

I wouldn't necessarily jump on eibach just because of the drop stance. You could very well throw the vehicle balance off in a bad way or drop it to the point where the shocks/struts blow from being over compressed.

Eibach has been known to jump the gun on new vehicle springs and drop too low and more or less ruin what used to be a good handling car.

If you want it lower, do it right and either get coil overs or replace your springs AND shocks/struts as most aftermarket/performance shocks/struts are engineered shorter than stock to suite the lowered suspension.

also, you'll want to grab the steeda bits like the ball joints, bump steer kit and front endlinks and rear control arms.

I consider all those as one mod. Springs alone won't cut it.

I wouldn't necessarily jump on eibach just because of the drop stance. You could very well throw the vehicle balance off in a bad way or drop it to the point where the shocks/struts blow from being over compressed.

Eibach has been known to jump the gun on new vehicle springs and drop too low and more or less ruin what used to be a good handling car.

If you want it lower, do it right and either get coil overs or replace your springs AND shocks/struts as most aftermarket/performance shocks/struts are engineered shorter than stock to suite the lowered suspension.

also, you'll want to grab the steeda bits like the ball joints, bump steer kit and front endlinks and rear control arms.

I consider all those as one mod. Springs alone won't cut it.

+1 He is soooo right :nice:

I think that the 2011 shelby suspension would be a good upgrade for better handling and daily driver comfort. It was a popular mod for the 2008~09 GT500's to put the KR suspension bits on as they were a fraction of the cost of the aftermarket stuff and compared quite well when it came to performance.

It'll be interesting to see what type of super snake or KR edition treatment the 2011 GT500 gets. My suggestion would be to either wait and snag those parts on the cheap from ford racing parts or get the steeda shocks/struts/springs/swaybars and the bumpstop/balljoint and lower control arms.

I put a Prokit on my 2011 with the Brembo pkg. Car's ride smoothed out over the little bumps and definitely grips harder through the turns. They got the tune just right and the car sits just above the tires as it should.

REmember, the 2011 already comes with the "track pack" from 2010 which had stiffer springs and shocks and larger sway bars already. The spring is shorter but has a similar rate to the stock ones. If you're just looking to improve the looks and don't want a chin scraper, the ProKit works great.

-L