Some pics of my car with finished 418 + sound clip

1slow95

Founding Member
May 16, 2002
ohio
I finally got the car running right and actually drove it around some today. I havn't had it over 3500 RPM's yet, but so far it feels almost just like stock, except with about twice the power. The low end is very impressive, and even more impressive is the traction that Im getting. I figured it spin like a mofo, but actually hooks up just as good if not better than it did with the stock 5.0. Anyways, here's the sound clip, http://highoutputgt.homelinux.net/movies/100_0680.MOV. Not much going on there, just the car idleing.

And now for a couple new pics!
100_0667.JPG

100_0668.JPG

100_0669.JPG

100_0672.JPG

100_0674.JPG

100_0676.JPG

100_0677.JPG

• Sponsors (?)

87MustangGT5.0 said:
The car looks very good, I really like how the Cobra front bumper looks. Do you have a stock hood, it looks like that intake is kind of tall.
SVO Cobra R hood

Mike - that looks so sinister with that motor in there......i cant wait to see a vid of that beast.......btw, what are you gonna do about those 302 badges.......let people think its a stock 302?? :rlaugh:

Thanks guys! The hood is definitely not stock lol. Stprorolla49 has it right, it's the Cobra R SVO with about a 3" cowl.

I'll leave the 302 badges on there for now. :D I might put some 351 badges of the same style on sometime.

I'll get some better close ups of the engine sometime, right now I only have this one pic.
100_0664.JPG

And here's a couple with the hood down
100_0679.JPG

100_0678.JPG

wow looks incredible!!!! The car came out near perfect. One suggestion the little blue/chrome intake and filter look a bit out of place? Maybe a little ebayish (made that one up) My suggestion would be to save for a bit and get a nice anderson ceramic coated power pipe and a K&N filter.

bad98sst said:
wow looks incredible!!!! The car came out near perfect. One suggestion the little blue/chrome intake and filter look a bit out of place? Maybe a little ebayish (made that one up) My suggestion would be to save for a bit and get a nice anderson ceramic coated power pipe and a K&N filter.
:stupid: i think that a nice powerpipe painted teh color of teh car would look sick.......

bad98sst said:

LMAO! The intake elbow is from my old ebay cai I had on the car with the old engine. I'll replace when I have the cash. This will allow me to drive the car for a while, which is the important thing. :nice:

Oh yeah, and the air filter came with the 80mm Pro-M MAF, so it should be ok.

Your car looks incredible man! I love the choice of color matching the block to the car. I bet you're careful not to drop any wrenches in that engine bay though! You gonna dyno the new setup once its broken in? It'd be cool to see what that beast puts out :nice:

Ooh yeah, Im very careful when working in the engine bay! I'm definitely putting it on the dyno sometime, I'm sure it'll need a dyno tune. It doesn't run too bad with no tuning, but the idle isn't perfect, and it hangs at times.