Some Pictures from the High School Drags - Pacific Raceways 5-6-05

McFly

May 11, 2005
Palmer, WA
First off hello everyone, I have lurked here for quite a while and finally had a good reason to post... Thought some of you would be interested in some pictures from the event. I took a bunch, these are just a few I resized. I saw the other thread about this topic too. I graduated in 95 but still like to go see all the cars and racers. Always an interesting event each year, probably 200 cars and who knows how many schools.
Was a good opportunity to try out my new Canon 70-200mm F2.8L IS zoom lens. All shot with the Digital Rebel XT, resized and compressed to fit better here...

img_0329.jpg

img_0332.jpg

img_0338.jpg

img_0313.jpg

Other interesting cars:
img_0318.jpg

img_0315.jpg

img_0327.jpg

img_0320.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Those are some pretty nice classics for high school kids to have. I'm going to guess like the others and say that some of those were either dads car or father and son have worked on them together and son gets to drive it every now and then. Which leads me to my next question, would I let my son or daughter race my cars?

98V6 K.I.T.T. said:
Those are some pretty nice classics for high school kids to have. I'm going to guess like the others and say that some of those were either dads car or father and son have worked on them together and son gets to drive it every now and then. Which leads me to my next question, would I let my son or daughter race my cars?

I would let a kid race a car that he earned and knows what it means if he wrecked it.

well, if my kids are anything like me, I'd have nothing to worrry about at the strip, 'cept for maybe sleeping at the light lol.

my kids will never drive the redblur, it will be donated to an auction when I die.

...owned by famous racecar driver and hollywood personality Gerard Murphy, this car ran a number of successful seasons in American Iron in his mid 20's

like that :nice: